Oklahoma, www.OK.gov
Council on Law Enforcement Education and Training - Home
spacer image
Skip Nav Skip to Search
Contact  |  CLEET Calendar
spacer image
get adobe reader
email icon Email   |   print icon Print  
Security Guard

New License Applicants

The Security Guard license issued by CLEET is a three year, renewable license.  Applicants wanting to apply for a Security Guard license must first complete the necessary training, submit an application for a license, and undergo a finger print background check. Below are the items you will need to complete a new application. 

  * New License Application with attachments completed and signature notarized.  
  * Certified court Judgment and Sentence or letter of no record for each arrest and/or charge. *ALL QUESTIONS ON PAGE 2 MUST BE ANSWERED*  
  * Legible CLEET finger print cards with all required data at janesa.west@cleet.state.ok.us
  * Two current passport size color photographs or three if applying for an armed license. Paper or plastic photos are NOT acceptable.  
  * Local Police Department and Sheriff Department Record Checks  
  * Letter of Employment or Bond/Insurance  
  * Agency Application (Required if self-employed Private Investigator)  
  * Documented proof of experience or comparable training.    
  * Payment amount required. Money Order, Company Check or Cashier's Check only (please do not mail cash).  *NO PERSONAL CHECKS*  
  * Fee includes a non-refundable fee of $41.00 for fingerprints  
  * Non United States Citizens must provide verifiable documentation of legal residence  


Individual License Fees

Unarmed Security Guard $91
Armed Security Guard $141
Armed Guard and Armed Private Investigator (Combination)  $191


Information and forms necessary for completing an application for Security Guard, Armed and Unarmed, License.

Required Training


License Renewals

The Security Guard license issued by CLEET is a three year, renewable license.  The license expires three years from the date it was issued.  To renew a license, the licensee must submit a completed renewal application, proof of continuing education and either a notice of employment or current bond / insurance.

In general, renewal costs are: 

Late Fee
(One day or more)
Unarmed Security Guard $50 $25
Armed Security Guard $100 $25
Unarmed Private Investigator $50 $25
Armed Private Investigator $100 $25
Armed Guard and Armed Private Investigator (Combination) $150 $25


Application necessary for renewal of Security Guard, Unarmed / Armed or Private Investigator Unarmed / Armed, Licensure:

SG/PI Renewal Application Effective 4-3-17: A renewal application may only be used for a license that has yet to expire or has been expired for less than 30 days.  After 30 days expiration a New License Application must be submitted.

License Upgrades

The Security Guard license issued by CLEET is a three year, renewable license.  Licenses may be upgraded to an Armed license, or to a combination license - Security Guard/Private Investigator.  Once you have a license, that license may be upgraded, depending on the license, and will retain the current expiration date.

Upgrades may be made from:

Unarmed Security Guard   TO Armed Security Guard $50
Unarmed Security Guard   ADDING Unarmed Private Investigator
(Two separate licenses; two separate license numbers)
Armed Security Guard  ADDING Armed Private Investigator
(Two separate licenses; two separate license numbers)
 Armed Security Guard TO Combination License
(One license, one number)


Information and forms necessary to complete an application to upgrade an Armed or Unarmed Security Guard License:

  •   Prerequisite:  Must posses a current, valid Security Guard license to perform an upgrade.
  •  Armed Affidavit
  •   Two recent color passport sized photos (same as initial application and renewals)
  •   Phase IV Training/Testing (Only required for Armed upgrade options)
  •   MMPI (Only required for Armed upgrade options)

Change of Address

390:35-5-13. Notification of change of name or address or telephone number
(a) Private investigators, armed security guards, and unarmed security guards shall maintain, with
the Council, current residential addresses and shall notify in writing the Council of any change of name. Notification of change of name shall include copies of any marriage license or court document which reflects the change of name. Notice of change of address or telephone number must be made within ten (10) days of the effected change. Notices will not be accepted over the phone or through fax.

 Last updated/reviewed July 13, 2018


Private Security Phone

Private Security Fax

 General Information, Bail Enforcement, Polygraph License, Training Schools / Facilities, Private Security Cont. Ed. Course Accreditation 

Breanna Atkeson 405-239-5168
General Information, Renewal Applications, Refunds
& SDA License                       

Janesa West  405-239-5113   janesa.west@cleet.state.ok.us General Information, New Licensure Applications, Out of State Temporary License,  & P.S.A.C. Committee

Lori Parks  405-239-5148
General Information, New Licensure Applications & Data Entry 

Julie Moore 405-239-5164

General Information, New Licensure and Renewal Applications, Data Entry 

Licensing - Home 

Self-Defense Act (SDA) Instructors

Polygraph Examiners

Private Security Advisory Committee

Guidelines for Continuing Education Credit



Duplicate Identification Card (Affidavit and Application)


MMPI Document: Must be original with original signatures.  No fax, copies or email will be accepted.

MMPI Form 6-22-17




The Rules governing The Council on Law Enforcement Education and Training