Welcome to the Oklahoma Private Security Division
Please be aware that CLEET has created new applications for security guards, private investigators, and bail enforcers.
After March 31st, 2019, we will no longer accept any older versions of the applications.
You may find the new applications on the CLEET Forms page of our website. Thank you for your cooperation.
The Private Security division licenses and regulates Private Security Guards and Private Investigators, armed and unarmed, and Private Security Companies by implementing standards and procedures designed to protect the interests of the public without placing undue burdens on the private security industry. CLEET issues or regulates the following licenses:
- Security Guard - Unarmed
- Security Guard - Armed
- Private Investigator - Unarmed
- Private Investigator - Armed
- Combination License - (Private Investigator/Security Guard - Armed)
- Bail Enforcer - Unarmed
- Bail Enforcer - Armed (For Bail Enforcer laws click HERE and scroll to Chapter 33A)
- Agency - Security Guard Agency
- Agency - Private Investigator Agency
- Temporary Out-of-State License - extends an existing states license to Oklahoma for a maximum of 15 days within a calendar year. This does not have a firearms provision. Rule: 390:35-5-11
- Special Event License - Licensed Oklahoma Security Guard Agency, twice in a calendar year. Applies to Guards hired for a given event. Rule: 390:35-5-4
- Conditional - 180 days; Sponsored by Licensed Security Guard Agency, or a Licensed Private Investigative Agency.
The Private Security Division also licenses:
- Polygraph Examiners
- Self-Defense Act Instructors
- Bail Enforcer
Last updated/reviewed March 5, 2019
Affidavit for Agency Name Change
Drug Dogs and Bomb Dogs
Self-Defense Act (SDA) Instructors
Guidelines for Continuing Education Credit