Chief Kevin Main
- Chief Main began his career in Fairfax, OK as a part-time patrolman, part-time dispatcher. He later moved into patrol full time. During his time there he began to work with the 10th District Attorney’s drug task force. During this time he attended Pioneer Tech and completed Emergency Medical Technician courses of Basic, Intermediate and Paramedic to help serve his community.
- Chief Main left Fairfax to move on to Newkirk Police Department to be closer to his family in Ponca City. During this time at Newkirk PD he obtained his CLEET BID and Reserve Coordinator. He has coordinated and assisted in several reserve academies.
- Chief Main stayed with the Newkirk PD for 7 yrs until moving to the Kay County Detention Center as a Transport Officer when they built their new facility.
- He continued his career there moving from transport officer up to the Deputy Director. During this time he obtained several instructor certifications as a Taser, Less Than Lethal, ASP and others. He has a passion for instructing new officer and assisting them with their careers.
- He helped develop what is one the only “Scared Straight” programs in Oklahoma to help detour the youth from offending.
- In addition to this, Chief Main along with his Captain developed what is now the Basis for the Oklahoma jailer training. Chief Main saw the need of a small department needing some leadership and went back to Newkirk PD. He continues to serve his community and enjoys talking with the youth and elders of his community.
Last Modified on 01/13/2022