Candidate, Party or PAC Reporting
This section provides information and instruction for the following entities. These Committees are required to file reports using The Guardian System:
- State Candidate Committees must file a Statement of Organization with the Ethics Commission within 10 days of raising or expending in excess of $1,000.00. Once registered, candidate committees will file periodic reports detailing contributions and funds accepted and expenditures made electronically in The Guardian System.
- Political Action Committees must file a Statement of Organization during the month of January with the Ethics Commission within 10 days of raising or expending in excess of $1,000.00. The committees will file periodic reports, detailing contributions accepted, and expenditures made, electronically in The Guardian system.
- Non-Committees are entities that are not registered or required to register as a Committee with the Ethics Commission, but that make communications referencing or advocating, for or against, a candidate or state question are required to file a Special Report in The Guardian System.
- State Political Party Committees shall file a Statement of Organization in July of any odd-numbered year and make quarterly contribution and expenditure reports. Additional reports may be required in election years when independent expenditures and electioneering communications are made between quarterly reporting periods prior to an election. All reports will be filed electronically in The Guardian System.
- Local Political Party Committees: congressional district, county, precinct and any other recognized party committee, shall register and file one or more reports in a calendar year when the committee (1) makes a contribution to a state candidate, (2) makes an electioneering communication, or (3) makes an independent expenditure. All reports will be filed electronically in The Guardian System.
- Pre-2015 candidate committees in existence prior to January 1, 2015, shall continue to file reports in The Guardian System until a final report is filed.