OKLAHOMA STATE BOARD OF LICENSURE FOR
PROFESSIONAL ENGINEERS AND LAND SURVEYORS
Meeting Location: 220 NE 28th Street Oklahoma City, OK
Thursday, September 23, 2021 9:00 am and Friday, September 24, 2021 8:00 am
Call meeting to order - declare quorum present.
“The State Board of Licensure for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors are meeting pursuant to letter notice issued by the Executive Director on the instruction of the Chair. Written notice of the meeting was filed with the Secretary of State and the Agenda posted outside the Board Offices twenty-four hours prior to the meeting setting forth thereon the date, time, place and business for the meeting.
Thursday, September 23, 2021 9:00 a.m.
♦ Pledge of Allegiance
♦ A moment of silence to honor the life of Bill McVey, P.E. who served as a Board Member from 2002-2020
♦ Congratulations to John Crittenden, AG Rep, on his retirement and recognition of his service to the Board
♦ Approval of July 22, 2021 Board Minutes
(Consent orders may be presented in lieu of a scheduled hearing)
Executive Session Proposed for each of the attached cases pursuant to 25 O.S. Supp. 2018, Section 307(B)(8).
1. Vote to convene in Executive Session
2. Executive Session Discussion.
3. Announce return from Executive Session.
4. Vote on motions
2020-021 White Surveying Company, CA 1098 / Jimmy G. Smith, PLS 1373 Continuance
2021-052 Henry I. DiFranco, PE 31542
2021-058 SRI Consultants, Inc., CA 8761 / Mathew Dupuis, PE 32770
2021-065 Kevin Ozmun, PE 21712
♦ Proposed Letters of Caution
♦ Current Case List
♦ Administrative Fines Spreadsheet
♦ Discussion and possible action concerning reports and recommendations made by the Complaint Review Committee:
J.R. Donelson Appeal
Thursday, September 23, 2021 9:00 a.m. and Friday, September 24, 2021 8:00 a.m.
Discussion and possible action regarding the following agenda items
♦ Kelly Parker, P.E.'s request to add mechanical engineering as an area of competence
♦ PE application regarding criminal disqualifications for John Michael Freeman
♦ Executive Director Report
♦ Outreach Report
♦ Financial Report
1. Financial Statements July-August 2021
2. Claims and P-Card Purchases - July – August 2021
♦ Consideration of Board Calendar for 2022
♦ Surveying Committee Report
- Oklahoma Law and Surveying Exam
- Joint Task Force Committee
- Professional Land Surveyor Continuing Education and Audit Committee
♦ Professional Engineer Committee Report
- Oklahoma Law and Engineering Exam
- Professional Engineer Continuing Education and Audit Committee
- A/E Subcommittee Report
♦ NCEES Information and Reports
Oklahoma 2022 NCEES Southern Zone Meeting Committee Report
NCEES Virtual Annual Meeting Report
♦ Board general discussion regarding professional engineering or surveying topics
♦ Consent Agenda
Application Action Items (Pursuant to OAC 245:15-3-4)
1. Request for Board ratification of the following based up approval by the Executive Director and the Board's designee in between board meetings:
a. PE Applications (including MLE PE's, PE-SE's, Re-licensure, and other qualifying PE applications)
b. CA Applications
b. Temporary License Applications
c. Engineer Intern Certifications
d. Land Surveyor Intern Certifications
e. Amended Certificate of Authorization Applications
f. Name Change Applications
2. Board consideration of applications reviewed and approved by the Executive Director and the Board's designee for initial licensure, who have now passed the PE examination and obtained all requisite experience (these applicants applied to take the PE examination prior to obtaining all requisite experience).
3. Board consideration of applications reviewed and approved by the Executive Director and the Board's designee for admission to the P.S. and/or O.L.S. examination and, when the examination(s) are successfully passed, granted initial P.L.S. licensure.
4. Board consideration of applications reviewed and approved by the Executive Director and the Board's designee for admission to the P.S. and/or O.L.S. examination and, when the examination(s) are successfully passed, granted comity P.L.S. licensure.
5. Board consideration of P.E., S.E. Designation Applications reviewed and approved by the Board's designee:
a. Board consideration of Oklahoma P.E.'s applying for the S.E. designation by way of education and experience
b. Board consideration of Oklahoma P.E.'s applying for the S.E. designation by way of examination
♦ Next Board Meeting: December 9-10, 2021
♦ New Business –
Motion to adjourn.