OKLAHOMA STATE BOARD OF LICENSURE FOR
PROFESSIONAL ENGINEERS AND LAND SURVEYORS
Regular Meeting Held by Webex Videoconference
Friday, November 6, 2020 9:00 a.m.
held consistent with the amendments to the Open Meeting Act, 25 O.S. 2011, 301 et seq. signed into law by Governor Stitt on March 18, 2020. See SB661, 2020 O.S.L. 3, 3
Log In Information
OKPELS Board Meeting
Hosted by Eric Casper
Friday, Nov 6, 2020 8:00 pm | 8 hours | (UTC-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada)
Meeting number: 146 158 7702
Join by video system
You can also dial 126.96.36.199 and enter your meeting number.
Join by phone
+1-408-418-9388 United States Toll
Access code: 146 158 7702
Call meeting to order - declare quorum present.
“The State Board of Licensure for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors are meeting pursuant to letter notice issued by the Executive Director on the instruction of the Chair. Written notice of the meeting was filed with the Secretary of State and the Agenda posted outside the Board Offices twenty four hours prior to the meeting setting forth thereon the date, time, place and business for the meeting.
Board Members participating via Webex videoconferencing platform: Aaron Morris, P.L.S.; Chuck Darr, P.E.; Chris Ramseyer, P.E.; David Page, P.L.S.; Glen W. Smith, P.E., P.L.S.; Richard Willoughby, P.E.; Patrick Adams, Public Member
Frisday, November 6, 2020
♦ Enforcement (Consent orders may be presented in lieu of a scheduled hearing)
Executive Session Proposed for each of the enforcement cases listed below pursuant to 25 O.S. Supp. 2018, Section 307(B)(8).
1. Vote to convene in Executive Session -
(Open Video-conference Meeting will pause as authorized attendees of the Executive Session log in for a separate Zoom Executive Session)
2. Executive Session Discussion.
3. Rejoin Open Video-conference Meeting and Announce return from Executive Session.
4. Vote on motions
2019-094 David D. Lacy, PLS 1666 / D & S Surveying and Mapping, CA 6676 Consent
2020-041 Marshal G. Maggard, Jr., PE 15535 (Inactive) Consent
2020-044 Associated Engineers, Inc. / Anthony Exposito
2020-053 Mark T. Gay, PLS 1354 Consent
2020-055 Terry A. Daniel, PE 17228 Agreement to Surrender License
2020-056 Wesley G. Britson, PE 14363 Agreement to Surrender License
♦ Current Case List:
♦ Administrative Fines Spreadsheet:
♦ Discussion and possible action concerning reports and recommendations made by the Complaint Review Committee:
Update on J.R. Donelson Appeal
Discussion and possible action regarding the following agenda items
♦ Approval of September 17, 2020 Board Minutes
♦ Executive Director Report on the board response to the COVID-19 situation and on-going activities
♦ Rule changes effective November 1, 2020 OAC:245 Chapter 2 Chapter 15
♦ Standing and Special Committee Appointments FY 21
♦ Financial Report
1. Financial Statement - September 2020
2. Claims and P-Card Purchases - September 2020
♦ Approval of Principal Assistant's Report.
♦ Review and consideration of Kenneth Shoemaker, P.E. Relicensure Application
Final Order Application Form Supplemental Information
♦ Review and consideration of the proposed 2021 board meeting calendar
♦ Board consideration to allow Dr. Ramseyer to review and approve P.E., S.E. applications submitted based upon experience, which were received by October 31, 2020 but not completed prior to this meeting. (Applications would then be submitted for the next regularly scheduled meeting of the Board for ratification by the Board.)
♦ Board consideration of the following PE, SE applications, which have been reviewed by Dr. Ramseyer, but were determined to have disciplinary actions:
PE 9489 Joe P. Hill Application Order
PE 15623 Richard B. Klein Application Order
PE 20716 Mingqiao Zhu Application Order
PE 22036 G. Barry Jones Application Order
♦ Review and consideration of Office Lease for ACEC
♦ Surveying Committee Report
- Oklahoma Law and Surveying Exam
- Proposed Corner Record Audit Review Committee
- Professional Land Surveyor Continuing Education and Audit Committee - Response to COVID-19
♦ Professional Engineer Committee Report
- Oklahoma Law and Engineering Exam
- Professional Engineer Continuing Education and Audit Committee - Response to COVID-19
♦ NCEES General discussion and committee reports
♦ Board general discussion regarding professional engineering or surveying topics
♦ Consent Agenda - Application Action Items (Pursuant to OAC 245:15-3-4)
1. Request for Board ratification of the following based up approval by the Principal Assistant, Executive Director or the Board's designee in between board meetings:
a. PE applications, (including MLE PE's, Re-licensure, and other qualifying PE applications) and CA's
b. PE applications - early admittance to the PE examination prior to obtaining the required experience, based upon education and passing the FE examination
c. PLS applications - early admittance to the PS examination prior to obtaining the required experience, based upon education and passing the FE examination
d. Temporary License applications as follows:
e. Engineer Intern Certifications
f. Land Surveyor Intern Certifications
g. Amended Certificate of Authorization Applications
h. Name Change Applications as follows:
CA 7365 (PE) From: AZS Industries, LLC To: Splashtacular, LLC
CA 8332 (PE) From: BTE Associates, PLLC To: BTE Associates, PLLC dba Mitchell Engineering
CA 3705 (PE) From: NTA INC To: ICC NTA, LLC
CA 8277 (PE) From: CUBIC DESIGNS, INC. To: MiTek Mezzanine Systems, Inc.
CA 7597 (PE) From: Rhombic Engineering, PLLC To: Rhombic, LLC
CA 5436 (PE) From: LNV, Inc. dba LNV Engineering To: LNV, LLC
CA 4276 (PE) From: PARSONS ELECTRIC LLC To: PEC Solutions LLC
CA 2763 (PE) From: Estes, McClure & Associates, Inc. To: Estes, McClure & Associates, Inc. dba EMA Engineering & Consulting
CA 4899 (PE) From: Myers-Beatty Engineering, PLLC To: Myers Engineering, PLLC
2. Board consideration of applications reviewed and approved by the Principal Assistant, Executive Director or the Board's designee for initial licensure, who applied to take the PE examination prior to obtaining all requisite experience. (These applicants have now passed the P.E. examination and obtained all requisite experience.)
3. Board consideration of applications reviewed and approved by the Principal Assistant, Executive Director or the Board's designee for admission to the P.E. examination and, when examination is successfully passed, granted initial P.E. licensure.
4. Board consideration of applications reviewed and approved by the Principal Assistant, Executive Director or the Board's designee for admission to the P.S. and/or O.L.S. examination and, when the examination(s) are successfully passed, granted initial P.L.S. licensure.
5. Board consideration of applications reviewed and approved by the Principal Assistant, Executive Director or the Board's designee for admission to the P.S. and/or O.L.S. examination and, when the examination(s) are successfully passed, granted comity P.L.S. licensure.
6. Board consideration of P.E., S.E. Designation Applications reviewed and approved by the Board's designee:
a. Board consideration of comity applicants applying for the S.E. designation by way of experience [Statutory provision expires 10-31-20]
b. Board consideration of Oklahoma P.E.'s applying for the S.E. designation by way of experience [Statutory provision expires 10-31-20]
c. Board consideration of Oklahoma P.E.'s applying for the S.E. designation by way of examination and education
d. Board consideration of Oklahoma P.E.'s applying to take the P.E. examination and requesting to obtain the S.E. designation based upon the P.E. examination, education, and experience. [Statutory provision expires 10-31-20]
Next Board Meeting: January 28-29, 2021 (proposed)
Motion to adjourn.