OKLAHOMA STATE BOARD OF LICENSURE FOR
PROFESSIONAL ENGINEERS AND LAND SURVEYORS
Meeting Location: 220 NE 28th Street Oklahoma City, OK
Thursday, May 20, 2021 9:00 a.m.
Call meeting to order - declare quorum present.
“The State Board of Licensure for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors are meeting pursuant to letter notice issued by the Executive Director on the instruction of the Chair. Written notice of the meeting was filed with the Secretary of State and the Agenda posted outside the Board Offices twenty-four hours prior to the meeting setting forth thereon the date, time, place and business for the meeting.
Thursday, May 20, 2021
Gubernatorial appointment and Senate confirmation of Aaron Morris, PLS from Ardmore, OK to succeed himself as a member of the State Board of licensure for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors, to serve a six-year term ending June 28, 2027.
Enforcement - 9:00 a.m.
- 2020-021 White Surveying Company, CA 1098 / Jimmy G. Smith, PLS 1373 – Continuance
- 2020-074 Case, Lowe & Hart, Inc. / Kevin J. Lewis, PE 22740 / Mosiah Troy Smalley - Lewis Surrender
- 2021-011 Zuendt Engineering, CA App 8788 / Alexander F. Zuendt, PE App 38166 Consent
- 2021-012 Edge Engineering, Inc. / William Gillette, TL 927 Consent
♦ Proposed Letters of Caution
♦ Current Case List
♦ Administrative Fines Spreadsheet
♦ Discussion and possible action concerning reports and recommendations made by the Complaint Review Committee
Discussion and possible action regarding the following agenda items
♦ 11:00 a.m. Kelly Parker, P.E.'s request to add Mechanical Engineering as an area of competence
♦ Approval of March 25, 2021 Board Minutes
♦ Discussion and possible action regarding the recommendations of the PE, SE Subcommittee.
♦ Executive Director Report
♦ Outreach Report
♦ Financial Report
1. Financial Statements March-April 2021
2. Claims and P-Card Purchases - March 2021
3. Claims and P-Card Purchases - April 2021
♦ Approval of Principal Assistant's Report.
♦ Surveying Committee Report
- Oklahoma Law and Surveying Exam
- Proposed Corner Record Audit Review Committee
- Professional Land Surveyor Continuing Education and Audit Committee
♦ Professional Engineer Committee Report
- Oklahoma Law and Engineering Exam
- Professional Engineer Continuing Education and Audit Committee
♦ NCEES Information and Reports
Oklahoma 2022 NCEES Southern Zone Meeting Committee Report
NCEES virtual events – State of the Council Meetings and Resolution of Cooperation
♦ Consideration of FY 22 Professional Service Contracts
Robert Manchester, IV - Board Attorney
R.G. Leifheit, PLS - Land Surveyor Investigator
♦ Election of Officers FY 22
♦ Board general discussion regarding professional engineering or surveying topics
♦ Consent Agenda - Application Action Items (Pursuant to OAC 245:15-3-4)
1. Request for Board ratification of the following based up approval by the Principal Assistant, Executive Director or the Board's designee in between board meetings:
a. PE Applications (including MLE PE's, PE-SE's, Re-licensure, and other qualifying PE applications)
b. CA Applications
b. Temporary License Applications
c. Engineer Intern Certifications
d. Land Surveyor Intern Certifications
e. Amended Certificate of Authorization Applications
f. Name Change Applications:
- CA 7318 (LS) From: Petro Land Services South, LLC To: Petro Land Services South, LLC dba PSLS
- CA 8230 (PE) From: Schaper International Petroleum Consulting, LLC To: Schaper Energy Consulting LLC
- CA 1484 (PE/LS) From: Johnson and Associates, Inc. To: Johnson and Associates, LLC
- CA 1460 (PE/LS) From: Wallace Engineering – Structural Consultants, Inc. To: Wallace Design Collective, PC
2. Board consideration of applications reviewed and approved by the Principal Assistant, Executive Director or the Board's designee for initial licensure, who have now passed the PE examination and obtained all requisite experience (these applicants applied to take the PE examination prior to obtaining all requisite experience).
3. Board consideration of applications reviewed and approved by the Principal Assistant, Executive Director or the Board's designee for admission to the P.S. and/or O.L.S. examination and, when the examination(s) are successfully passed, granted initial P.L.S. licensure.
4. Board consideration of applications reviewed and approved by the Principal Assistant, Executive Director or the Board's designee for admission to the P.S. and/or O.L.S. examination and, when the examination(s) are successfully passed, granted comity P.L.S. licensure.
5. Board consideration of P.E., S.E. Designation Applications reviewed and approved by the Board's designee:
a. Board consideration of Oklahoma P.E.'s applying for the S.E. designation by way of education and experience
b. Board consideration of Oklahoma P.E.'s applying for the S.E. designation by way of examination
♦ Next Board Meeting: July 22-23, 2021
♦ New Business –
Motion to adjourn.