OKLAHOMA STATE BOARD OF LICENSURE FOR
PROFESSIONAL ENGINEERS AND LAND SURVEYORS
Meeting Location: 220 NE 28th Street Oklahoma City, OK
Thursday, February 23, 2023 9:00 a.m.
Call meeting to order - declare quorum present.
“The State Board of Licensure for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors are meeting pursuant to letter notice issued by the Executive Director on the instruction of the Chair. Written notice of the meeting was filed with the Secretary of State and the Agenda posted outside the Board Offices twenty-four hours prior to the meeting setting forth thereon the date, time, place and business for the meeting.
Thursday, February 23, 2023 9:00 a.m.
Pledge of Allegiance
♦ Approval of December 1, 2022 Board Minutes
(Consent orders may be presented in lieu of a scheduled hearing)
Executive Session Proposed for each of the attached cases pursuant to 25 O.S. Supp. 2018, Section 307(B)(8).
1. Vote to convene in Executive Session
2. Executive Session Discussion.
3. Announce return from Executive Session.
4. Vote on motions
2022-073 Uzman Engineering, CA 8845 / Zeyn Burham Uzman, PE 21600 Consent
2022-044 T-O Engineers, Inc., CA 8954 / John S. Boyd, PE 33447 Consent
2022-068 Viewtech, Inc., CA 4794 / Victor Lissiak, Jr., PE 8753 Consent
2022-077 Warger Associates, LLC / Steve M. Warger, PE Consent
2022-082 Willis D. Long, PLS 1994 Consent
2022-088 Dennis Hurvitz, TL 952 Continuance
♦ Proposed Letters of Caution
♦ Current Case List
♦ Administrative Fines Spreadsheet:
♦ Discussion and possible action concerning reports and recommendations made by the Complaint Review Committee:
Discussion and possible action regarding the following agenda items
♦ Scholarship Report
♦ Outreach Report
♦ Financial Report
1. Financial Statement December 2022 - January 2023
2. Claims and P-Card Purchases - December, 2022
3. Claims and P-Card Purchases - January, 2023
♦ A/E Joint Committee Meeting Report and Comprehensive Review and Proposed Revisions to O.S. Title 59, 475.1 et seq.
- Revisions to Title 59, Section 4000.1 effective November 1, 2022 which impact board policy regarding criminal convictions
♦ Surveying Committee Report
- Oklahoma Law and Surveying Exam
- Proposed Corner Record Audit Review Committee
- Professional Land Surveyor Continuing Education and Audit Committee
♦ Professional Engineer Committee Report
- Oklahoma Law and Engineering Exam
- Professional Engineer Continuing Education and Audit Committee
- Proctoring of the 16 hr. S.E. Examination (paper and pencil)
♦ NCEES Information and Reports
Registration open for NCEES All-Zone Meeting
Election for NCEES President Elect: Tim Rickborn Brochure and Letter; Andy Zoutewelle Brochure
Board Nomination of Aaron Morris for SZ Asst. VP
♦ Building Report
Security System Update
♦ Legislative Report
♦ Board general discussion regarding professional engineering or surveying topics
♦ Consent Agenda - Application Action Items (Pursuant to OAC 245:15-3-4)
1. Request for Board ratification of the following based up approval by the Executive Director and the Board's designee in between board meetings:
a. PE Applications (including MLE PE's, PE-SE's, Re-licensure, and other qualifying PE applications)
b. CA Applications
b. Temporary License Applications
c. Engineer Intern Certifications
d. Land Surveyor Intern Certifications
e. Amended Certificate of Authorization Applications
f. SE Grandfathering Applications B
g. Name Change Applications
2. Board consideration of applications reviewed and approved by the Executive Director and the Board's designee for initial licensure, who have now passed the PE examination and obtained all requisite experience (these applicants applied to take the PE examination prior to obtaining all requisite experience).
3. Board consideration of applications reviewed and approved by the Executive Director and the Board's designee for admission to the P.S. and/or O.L.S. examination and, when the examination(s) are successfully passed, granted initial P.L.S. licensure.
4. Board consideration of applications reviewed and approved by the Executive Director and the Board's designee for admission to the P.S. and/or O.L.S. examination and, when the examination(s) are successfully passed, granted comity P.L.S. licensure.
5. Board consideration of Oklahoma P.E.'s applying for the S.E. designation by way of education and experience (Application A)
6. Application and Exam Report
7. Initial PE Applications to be rejected
♦ Next Board Meeting: April 20-21, 2023
♦ Public Comment (limited to 3 minutes per person)
♦ New Business –
Motion to adjourn.