OKLAHOMA STATE BOARD OF LICENSURE FOR
PROFESSIONAL ENGINEERS AND LAND SURVEYORS
Meeting Location: 220 NE 28th Street Oklahoma City, OK
Thursday, September 14, 2023 9:00 a.m.
Call meeting to order - declare quorum present.
“The State Board of Licensure for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors are meeting pursuant to letter notice issued by the Executive Director on the instruction of the Chair. Written notice of the meeting was filed with the Secretary of State and the Agenda posted outside the Board Offices twenty-four hours prior to the meeting setting forth thereon the date, time, place and business for the meeting.
Thursday, September 14, 2023 9:00 a.m.
Pledge of Allegiance
♦ Approval of June 29, 2023 Board Minutes
♦ Election of the office of Secretary for FY24
(Consent orders may be presented in lieu of a scheduled hearing)
Executive Session Proposed for each of the attached cases pursuant to 25 O.S. Supp. 2018, Section 307(B)(8).
1. Vote to convene in Executive Session
2. Executive Session Discussion.
3. Announce return from Executive Session.
4. Vote on motions
2022-096 Engineerinc, Inc., CA / Manouchchr Hakhamaneshi, PE 33131 Consent
2022-124 Paul C. Gilham, PE 23171 Consent
2023-008 Orlo Forensics, LLC, CA 9071 / Patrick T. Snowden, PE 33838 Compliance Agreement
2023-026 5BY5 Engineers, LLC, CA 9144 / Thomas J. Ellis, Jr., PE 22308 Consent
2023-051 Storm Consulting and Engineering, PLLC, CA 5374-I / Brandon D. Storm, PE 20482 Consent
2023-054 Excellence in Engineering, LLC, CA / David W. Day, PE 10060
♦ Proposed Letters of Caution: View Here
♦ Current Case List: View Here
♦ Administrative Fines Spreadsheet: View Here
♦ Discussion and possible action concerning reports and recommendations made by the Complaint Review Committee:
Phillip Townsend case approved by the AG's office
Discussion and possible action regarding the following agenda items
♦ Scholarship Report
♦ Outreach Report
♦ Financial Report
1. Financial Statement June 2023 and July 2023
2. Claims and P-Card Purchases - June, 2023 / July 2023
♦ Proposed 2024 Board Calendar
♦ A/E Joint Committee Meeting Report
♦ Architectural Engineering area of competence
♦ Comprehensive Review and Proposed Revisions to O.S. Title 59, 475.1 et seq., Board Administrative Rules
♦ Surveying Committee Report
- Oklahoma Law and Surveying Exam
- Proposed Corner Record Audit Review Committee
- Professional Land Surveyor Continuing Education and Audit Committee
- Question regarding the scanning of plats and example plat Question Example Plat
♦ Professional Engineer Committee Report
- Oklahoma Law and Engineering Exam
- Professional Engineer Continuing Education and Audit Committee
- Proctoring of the 16 hr. S.E. Examination (paper and pencil)
♦ NCEES Information and Reports
♦ Building Report
♦ Legislative Report
♦ Board general discussion regarding professional engineering or surveying topics
♦ Consent Agenda - Application Action Items (Pursuant to OAC 245:15-3-4)
1. Request for Board ratification of the following based up approval by the Executive Director and the Board's designee in between board meetings:
a. PE Applications (including MLE PE's, PE-SE's, Re-licensure, and other qualifying PE applications)
b. CA Applications
b. Temporary License Applications
c. Engineer Intern Certifications
d. Land Surveyor Intern Certifications
e. Amended Certificate of Authorization Applications
f. SE Grandfathering Applications A and SE Grandfathering Applications B
g. Name Change Applications
2. Board consideration of applications reviewed and approved by the Executive Director and the Board's designee for initial licensure, who have now passed the PE examination and obtained all requisite experience (these applicants applied to take the PE examination prior to obtaining all requisite experience).
3. Board consideration of applications reviewed and approved by the Executive Director and the Board's designee for admission to the P.S. and/or O.L.S. examination and, when the examination(s) are successfully passed, granted initial P.L.S. licensure.
4. Board consideration of applications reviewed and approved by the Executive Director and the Board's designee for admission to the P.S. and/or O.L.S. examination and, when the examination(s) are successfully passed, granted comity P.L.S. licensure.
5. Board consideration of Oklahoma P.E.'s applying for the S.E. designation by way of education and experience (Application A)
6. Application and Exam Report
7. Initial PE Applications to be rejected
♦ Next Board Meeting: November 30 - December 1, 2023
♦ Public Comment (limited to 3 minutes per person)
♦ New Business –
Motion to adjourn.