Effective July 25, 2013
Click here to view a document outlining what is needed for acceptable verification of continuing education activities.
CHAPTER 15. LICENSURE AND PRACTICE OF PROFESSIONAL ENGINEERS AND LAND SURVEYORS
245:15-11-6 Criteria for continuing educational activities 245:15-11-7 Conversion of units
245:15-11-6. Criteria for continuing educational activities
(a) Continuing educational activities used to earn PDH's must meet the following criteria:(b) The Board has final authority with respect to acceptability of courses, credit, PDH value for courses, and other methods of earning credit.
(1) There is a clear purpose and objective for each activity, which will maintain, improve or expand skills and knowledge obtained prior to initial licensure or to develop new and relevant skills and knowledge.
(2) The content of each presentation is well organized and presented in a sequential manner.
(3) There is evidence of preplanning which should include the opportunity for input by the target group to be served.
(4) The presentation will be made by persons who are well qualified by education or experience.
(5) There is a provision for individual participant registration which will include information required for record keeping and reporting.
(1) Credit for college or community college approved courses will be based upon course credit established by the college.
(2) Credit for qualifying seminars and workshops meeting the criteria in 245:15-11-6(a) will be based on one PDH for each hour of attendance. Attendance at qualifying programs presented at professional and/or technical society meetings will earn PDH’s for the actual time of each program.
(3) Credit determination for activities referenced in 245:15-11-5 (a)(6) and (a)(7) is the responsibilities of the licensee (subject to review as required by the board).
245:15-11-7. Conversion of units
The conversion of other units of credit of continuing education to PDH’s is as follows:
(1) One (1) college or unit semester hour – 15 PDH’s
(2) Auditing of (1) college or unit semester hour -15 PDH’s
(3) One (1) hour of technical or professional development in course work, seminars, technical and professional meetings, conventions, workshops, - 1 PDH
(4) One (1) hour for developing professional licensure examinations – 1 PDH
(5) For teaching or making presentations - apply multiple of 2 (Teaching credit is valid for teaching a course or seminar for the first time only. Teaching credit does not apply to full-time or part-time faculty members unless the activity is outside the scope of the licensee’s customary teaching responsibilities.)
(6) Each peer-reviewed published Professional/Technical paper or book in the licensee’s area of professional practice -10 PDH’s
(7) Each published paper or article in the licensee’s area of professional practice – 5 PDH’s
(8) Active participation in a professional and technical society. (maximum of 4 PDH’s per biennial renewal period) – 2 PDH’s
(9) Each patent. – 10 PDH’s
(10) Active participation serving on standards or code commissions (maximum of 8 PDH's per biennial renewal period).