Please read the following information PRIOR to logging in!
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING CONTINUING EDUCATION ONLINE
The old information for continuing education classes completed is still showing on your online account.
PLEASE DO NOT DELETE ANY ENTRIES; THERE IS NO WAY OUR OFFICE CAN RECOVER THEM.
The Board is still working with Oklahoma Interactive to create a means of saving the information from the previous continuing education cycle where it is viewable by the licensee at any time in a separate format from the current cycle. However, until we can resolve this issue, all of your continuing education will have to remain showing “as is” or it will be lost into the “black holes” of the computer system.
In addition, the Board has not yet completed its audit for the last cycle.
If you have not already started reporting your hours online, please do so now. If you have any questions about any of the information provided, please call the Board Office at (405)522-4844 during normal business hours. You may also send an email to one of the following email addresses for a faster response.
When is the current reporting period?
This reporting period began July 1, 2016 and ends June 30, 2019. All hours must be reported no later than June 30, 2019 into the online system.
How do I report my hours?
Please login to your online account by clicking on the link at the bottom of this page. Please make sure to read all of the provided information on this tab before logging in to save yourself time and possible frustration. (This is the same system that you use to renew your license if you renew online).
How do I know my hours saved?
Our best advice while entering your hours is to hit the “Save” button after each entry. This system will time you out after 20 minutes if you have not clicked on an “activity” button (which is what the save button is). We have had several licensees sit down and enter all of their hours at once and by the time they hit save they have already been timed out, the system throws them back to the login screen, and nothing entered was saved. Please please please login to your online account and make sure all of your hours are in there. After each entry, if the system has saved successfully, you should see a purple banner across the top confirming successful save.
What are these categories? Are these new?
The CE categories have been in the Rules for several years now, but most have not been aware since Board Office staff used to enter your hours for you! We have a printable version of the CE categories at the bottom of this page just before you get to the link for the online system. It is imperative that you familiarize yourself with these categories before you begin entering your hours to ensure they are reported correctly!
Is the CPR and Ethics requirement part of my hourly requirement or is there a separate requirement?
Your total number of hours should include your CPR and Ethics. When reporting your hours in the system, you will also see a Category “CPR” as well as a category “Ethics.” Make sure you report this accurately so that when we run a compliance report at the end of the reporting period, you will show as compliant!
Do I just take basic CPR?
The Rules state that your CPR must be one of the following:
American Heart Association/Basic Life Support Healthcare Provider Level
American Red Cross/ Basic Life Support Professional Rescuer Level
(*Courses for the Professional Rescuer sponsored by the Veterans Administration or Armed Forces shall also be recognized for approval)
*NO ONLINE CPR COURSES WILL BE ACCEPTED!*
My CPR expires every 2 years but the reporting period is every 3 years. Can I report both classes?
Yes. If you have taken an acceptable CPR twice in the reporting period you can report one course as category “CPR” to make sure you are compliant when we run the report at the end of the reporting period, and then you can report the second course as Category B for hourly purposes.
Can I take an Ethics course online?
Yes. If you have not already taken one, you may take a free online Ethics course at www.dentalethics.org.
• Hours cannot rollover. Only hours accrued in the current reporting period may be reported for CE credit.
• Any hours saved successfully in the online system will appear under the Continuing Education tab each time you login. (Meaning you no longer need to call the Board to find out how many hours you have)
• Failure to report your required CE will result in a $1,000 fine for dentists and a $500 fine for dental hygienists, and you will still be required to make-up the hourly shortage before you may begin reporting for the next reporting period.
• The online reporting system is run on an “honor system,” therefore the Board will be conducting an audit at the end of the reporting period. Should your license number get chosen for an audit, you will be required to produce proof of completion of each course reported. Reporting courses not taken could result in disciplinary action against your license by the Board.
• Course sponsor sign in sheets submitted to the Board does NOT mean your hours have been reported for you. You are still required to login and report your hours. The sign in sheets are just an additional verification of attendance for the Board Office. Should you get audited, you will still be required to submit verification of course completion, the Board will not use the sign in sheets as your verification.
• Dental Assistants do not have a CE Requirement at this time.
For assistance with logging in, please call the HelpDesk at (405)524-3468. The Board Office does not have any access to usernames or passwords. If you have questions about anything else, feel free to call the Board Office during normal business hours.
Please keep in mind our office is a very small office staffed with 1 ½ office staff, and there are about 6,000 licensees with CE due June 30, 2016. So if you happen to call and we don’t answer, please leave a message and we will call you back as soon as we can. If you leave a message, please do not send an email. This takes up time from both staff members when we are both working on the same issue!
TO PRINT CONTINUING EDUCATION CATEGORIES, PLEASE CLICK HERE.
IF YOU ARE READY TO REPORT YOUR CONTINUING EDUCATION, CLICK HERE TO ENTER THE ONLINE SYSTEM.