1. Dentist, Dental Hygiene, or Specialty Application by Exam - (Fees are listed at the top of the application.) This is the application method for Dentists and Dental Hygienists that have taken WREB within the last 5 years.
Attention Dentists: The Oklahoma Board of Dentistry now accepts the CRDTS Exam as a primary licensure exam upon completion of the CTP Component of WREB. If you have taken CRDTS within the last 5 years, you must first submit a complete application to our office and we will then notify WREB that you are eligible to take the CTP Component only of WREB. For questions regarding this process, please email Stephanie.Miller@dentistry.ok.gov
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING THE WREB EXAM EFFECTIVE JANUARY 1, 2018:
THE FOLLOWING COMPONENTS ARE REQUIRED FOR LICENSURE IN THE STATE OF OKLAHOMA:
OPERATIVE, ENDODONTICS, PERIODONTICS, AND CTP.
FOR ANY QUESTIONS REGARDING THE EXAM ITSELF, PLEASE CONTACT WREB DIRECTLY.
2. Dentist, Hygiene, and Specialty Application by Credentials - (Fees are listed at the top of the application.) This is the application method for Dentists and Dental Hygienists who are licensed in another state AND have been practicing for the previous 5 years immediately prior to making application and Dental Hygienists that have been practicing the previous 2 years immediately prior to making application AND have taken an accepted Regional Exam other than WREB. This is also the application used for applicants that have taken WREB more than 5 years ago.
**DENTIST AND HYGIENIST**
All applications for dental/dental hygiene licenses must be approved by the Board. Applications must be received 30 days prior to a meeting in order to be placed on the next regularly scheduled Board agenda. For Board Meeting dates, please refer to the Reports/Agendas tab of our website. After your application has been approved by the Board, you will be contacted via email to schedule a date/time to take the Jurisprudence Exam. You may begin studying for the Jurisprudence Exam immediately by clicking on the Statutes and Rules tab.**
3. RDH Out of State Local & Nitrous Request Form - If you did not receive your education in Oklahoma, please follow these instructions for making a request for Local Anesthesia and Nitrous Oxide.
4. 2019 New Dental Assistant Application - This is only for Dental Assistants that have never registered in Oklahoma before. You must obtain a Dental Assistant Permit before applying for any expanded functions. For additional questions please email Naukeshia Johnson. THIS IS NOT THE RENEWAL APPLICATION!!!
5. Dental Assistant Out of State Requirements - This is the list of items you will need to submit to the Board of Dentistry if you have Expanded Function permits from another state. Please be aware that no permits from other states automatically transfer to Oklahoma. Expanded Functions are considered Radiation Safety, Coronal Polishing, Sealants, and Assisting in the Administration of Nitrous Oxide.
*The Board is no longer issuing 2018 New Dental Assistant Applications, you will now have to apply for 2019. As a reminder, you have 30 days from the beginning date of employment to secure the Dental Assistant Permit.
6. Retirement or placing a License/Permit in an "Inactive Status" - This packet will give you information and forms regarding your Oklahoma license or permit to "Retire" or submit a "Request to Not Renew" if you do not meet the requirements for Retirement. Please read this packet entirely before calling the Board office.
7. Special Volunteer License Application - No Fee (.pdf, 2 pp, 148 KB)
8. Professional Entity Application - A Professional Entity is a trade name that does not clearly identify the name of the dentist(s) providing services OR any PLLC, LLC, PC, or Inc. Signs on buildings, in advertisements, or on billing statements or anything used to identify the dental practice other than the individual dentist’s name, are considered a Professional Entity. Trade name registrations are $20.00 per Entity and should reflect in your final renewal cost. If you have not previously registered your Professional Entity, you may do so now. If you have previously registered a Professional Entity, please use this form as the renewal.
9. New Dental Lab Application for Non-Dentist owned laboratory - This form is used for dental labs that are not owned by a dentist. Please complete each section and return to the Board office. If you are a dentist and want to open a lab please contact the Board office directly.
10. Dental Laboratory Work Authorization Form - The Board of Dentistry is no longer printing these books nor mailing them out. You may either print this page and make copies or you may take this to a print shop and have your own books made for your office. The Statutes no longer require you to use books made by the Board of Dentistry.
11. Complaint Process and Form - Please print out and mail in to the Board Office. The Board of Dentistry MUST have a written complaint on file in order to open an investigation. We cannot take a complaint by phone.
*If you have a question or concern about a case or complaint, please click HERE to send an email to the Board Office.
12. Copy Request Form - This is the request to submit to the Board for a duplicate copy of an annual registration, license, permit, or wall license.
14. Helpful Phone Numbers Helpful Phone Numbers The most frequently asked for phone numbers at the Board Office.
2018 RENEWAL APPLICATIONS--PLEASE CONTACT THE BOARD
If you have been expired for more than 1 year but less than 5 years you will be required to complete a reinstatement application. Please contact the Board Office for this application.