Wagoner County Response to COVID-19
This information is provided to clarify the response by Wagoner County to COVID-19.
Currently ALL departments within the Wagoner County Courthouse are OPEN, however access by the public has been restricted in an effort to slow the spread of the virus. The public are requested to conduct their business via telephone or email, online or through the postal service. If you have questions, please contact the department at the number(s) listed.
NOTICE REGARDING FACIAL COVERINGS WHILE IN COURTHOUSE. Please follow this link for information regarding facial coverings while in the courthouse.
Index to Departments
PLANNING AND ZONING
The Assessor’s Office is open and available to serve you via telephone or email to answer questions regarding valuation notices, farm tax applications, visual inspections and more, however, the public is restricted from visiting the office in person. Please call 918-485-2367 or 918-485-4911, or email Assessor@wagonercounty.ok.gov for assistance.
All District barns are open and available to serve you via phone or email, however the public is restricted from visiting in person. Please make note of the following:
District One, Commissioner James Hanning - 918-357-1927
District Two, Commissioner Chris Edwards - 918-485-4549
District Three, Commissioner Tim Kelley - 918-486-2132
The County Clerk's Office is open and available to serve you via web, phone, email, or postal service; however, the public is restricted from visiting the office in person. Please call 918-485-2216 or email Clerk@wagonercounty.ok.gov for assistance.
For land records, recording, open records or other needs, please see our website at: www.wagonercounty.ok.gov Land records searches are, as always, no cost to you, and you may print documents at home for a fee.
To file land records such as deeds, etc. please see one of our e-filing partners (listed on our website), mail documents with appropriate fees to Wagoner County Clerk, P.O. Box 156, Wagoner, OK 74477.
The most common question asked has been regarding deadlines and jury service. All deadlines have been extended for 30 days and jury terms cancelled. Please see the attached notification from the Chief Justice of the Oklahoma Supreme Court for additional information.
Please contact the individual Judge’s office to set plea dates.
- Emergency Protective Order Hearings, Involuntary Commitment Hearings, and Delinquent Hearings shall all be heard on the regularly scheduled docket.
- Deprived Dockets shall be modified as follows: Those cases ending in an ODD number shall be heard at 1:00 PM and those cases ending in an EVEN number shall be heard at 3:00 PM on the regularly scheduled dates.
- Regarding Confirmation Hearings, the Attorneys of Record shall present their Orders on the scheduled date after announcements are made in the Courtroom and Hallway.
- All Agreed Orders, Motions and Orders, and Scheduling Orders shall be mailed to the assigned Judge for signature.
- The Jail Administrator shall make sure no symptomatic inmates are brought to the Courtrooms. If special accommodations are necessary, please advise the assigned Judge.
- The Judiciary will re-assess the restrictions now in place on or about March 27th 2020.
Until March the 30th 2020 the following dockets shall be postponed:
- Family/Domestic dockets; Probate and Guardianships; All Civil Cases except Entry and Detainers; All Criminal Conference/Disposition Dockets (felony and misdemeanors).
- Entry and Detainers shall be heard on the regularly scheduled dockets (all other small claims cases are postponed.)
- All in custody arrangements shall be done by Skype/Video Conferencing on regularly scheduled dates.
- Application Termination and Preliminary Hearings that are at issue shall be conducted on regularly scheduled dates.
To make arrangements or for further assistance, please call:
Judge Kirkley – 918-485-2144
Judge Shook – 918-485-9599
Judge Luton – 918-485-7938
Judge Huggins – 918-485-2144
The Court Clerk’s office is OPEN and serving the public, accepting payment for fines and fees, assisting with the filing of emergency protective orders, etc. They are also able to answer many questions, accept payments, and provide other assistance over the phone. Please call 918-485-4508 for assistance.
The District Attorney’s office is open and available for questions or to make arrangements for your case. Please call 918-485-2119 for assistance.
The Election Board is open but working under shortened hours per state mandate. Please call 918-485-2142 for assistance.
Emergency Management is open and available to serve you via phone or email, however the public is restricted from visiting the office in person. Please call 918-279-0059 for assistance.
OSU Extension service is open and available to serve you via phone or email, however the public is restricted from visiting the office in person. Please call 918-486-4589 for assistance.
PLANNING AND ZONING
Planning and Zoning is open and available to serve you via phone or email, however the public is restricted from visiting the office in person. Please call 918-485-8123 or email Planning@wagonercounty.ok.gov for assistance. Payment is accepted via phone or postal service at Wagoner County Planning and Zoning, 231 Church Street, Wagoner, OK 74467.
The Sheriff’s Office is in full operation regarding patrols. Additionally, they are providing service for emergency protective orders, small claims and forcible entry and detainer. They are NOT providing background investigations or fingerprinting at this time. Please call 918-485-3124 for assistance.
The Jail is in full operation, however all visitation has been suspended until further advised.
The Treasurer’s Office is open and available to serve you via web, phone or postal service; however, the public is restricted from visiting the office in person. You may pay your property taxes online at www.bit.ly/2UgwuID or you may mail in your payment to Wagoner County Treasurer, 307 E. Cherokee St., Wagoner, OK 74466. Other information such as tax information search and mortgage tax calculator is also available online at www.bit.ly/2WkjgNA . To reach the Treasurer’s Office by phone, please call 918-485-2149.
Growing from "Good" to "Great"! S1