OKLAHOMA STATUTES REQUIRE:
• All business entities, except for life insurance companies, must report unclaimed property annually prior to November 1.
• Life insurance companies must report annually prior to May 1.
• Written notice to the owner (due diligence) must be completed 120 days prior to filing an annual report for each property with a value of $50 or more.
NEW ONLINE HOLDER REPORTING
• Electronic filing via secure online holder reporting website required for reporting 15 or more items of property (do not submit the related paper owner detail report).
• Reporting software to create a NAUPA formatted file is available at http://www.wagers.net (HRS PRO Standard Edition) or http://byetm.com/.
• Visit https://ostdnet.ost.state.ok.us/Hldr_Login.asp to upload file.
• A paper report will only be accepted if less than 15 properties are being reported.
SPECIAL INFORMATION FOR BANKS REPORTING SAFE DEPOSIT BOX CONTENTS
• Safe Deposit Box Inventory detail must be included in the electronic file.
• Safe Deposit Box contents that have little or no commercial value should not be reported.
• Do not send Safe Deposit Box contents with the November report. OST will notify you in writing of its decision to accept or reject contents of each box reported.
UNCLAIMED PROPERTY REMITTANCE
• All holder reports must be submitted with a completed and notarized Verification of Report form.
• Worthless securities should not be reported to Oklahoma Unclaimed Property. Please refer to the following link for securities reporting: http://www.ok.gov/treasurer/documents/Hldr_BOK_12-10.pdf
• It is important to read the Holder Reporting Forms and Instructions in their entirety before remitting unclaimed property. Download the forms and instructions with the links below.
Holder Reporting Forms and Instructions
• Securities Delivery Letter (pdf format)
• Abandonment Period Guide (pdf format)
• Verification & Checklist -- November 2016 (Verification & Checklist)
• Verification & Checklist -- May 2017 (Life Insurance only) (Verification & Checklist)
• Form ~ 497-UP-2 (Form 497-UP-2.xls)
• Form ~ 497-UP-2 Instructions (Form 497-UP-2 Instructions.pdf)
• Form ~ 497-UP-Mineral Interest Reporting (Form 497-UP-MIR 10/04/16.xlsx)
• Form ~ 497-UP-Mineral Interest Reporting Instructions (Form 497-UP-MIR Instructions.pdf)
• Affidavit of Amendment (pdf format)
• Affidavit of Reimbursement (pdf format)
• Affidavit of Error (pdf format)
• NAUPA File Upload Instructions (pdf format)
Holders Frequently Asked Questions (01/20/15)
|To create a NAUPA formatted file, access www.wagers.net/hrs for a free electronic Holder reporting system.
If you have questions related to Holder reporting please contact:
Oklahoma State Treasurer
Unclaimed Property Division
2300 N Lincoln Blvd Room 217
Oklahoma City, OK 73105
Holder Information Phone Number: (405) 521-4275
Fax Number: (405) 522-6777
Office Hours: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Mon. – Fri.