MV: Registration Renewal by Mail
Registration renewal may normally be completed through the mail, by submitting the following to the Oklahoma Tax Commission or any Oklahoma Tag Agent:
- Vehicle information – Renewal notice or V.I.N., OK title or license plate number.
- Liability insurance verification (motor vehicles only). Refer to Liability Insurance Verification for listing of verification form requirements.
- Proper remittance, made payable to the Oklahoma Tax Commission and listing the driver license number of the vehicle owner (F.E.I. # if business).
Remittance should include:
- Registration renewal fee
- $1.50 (registration decal only) or $3.00 ( decal & license plate) return mail fee
- $1.50 insurance processing fee (motor vehicles only)
Please bear in mind the processing time required on mail in renewal transactions.
There are several options now available for renewal notification including email notification. Not only can you receive your notification electronically, you now have the option to renew your tag online through the Oklahoma Tax Commission's OkCARS online application.
Review all Renewal Notification Options
OkCARS: Tag Renewal, Boats/Motors/Specialty Plates
Renewals can be Mailed To:
OTC, Post Office Box 26940
Oklahoma City, OK 73126-0940