The Motor Vehicle Division is the office of record for all vehicle/boat/outboard motor lien entries and releases. The Division’s Lien Section may be reached at (405) 521-3221. Most lien entry and release transactions may be completed at any motor license agency.
- To record a security interest on a newly purchased vehicle or a vehicle changing ownership, a secured party must complete and submit an Oklahoma lien entry form along with the assigned Manufacturer’s Certificate of Origin (new vehicle) or title (used vehicle) and the lien filing fee plus mailing fee to the Oklahoma Tax Commission or any motor license agent. The lien will be processed and the appropriate forms returned to the secured party. The secured party will return the appropriate documents to the debtor with a notice to title and register the vehicle within thirty (30) days. Upon payment of all applicable transfer taxes and fees, an Oklahoma title will be issued to the record owner, reflecting the perfected lien.
- The above lien filing procedure also applies when a lien is being perfected on a vehicle that is not changing ownership. The lien filing fee, in addition to the title fee and mailing fee. A new Oklahoma title reflecting the perfected lien will be issued to the record owner.
- For vehicles entering Oklahoma from another state, any lien reflected on the out of state documentation will be carried forward to the Oklahoma title record. An Oklahoma lien entry form will be prepared and sent to the lender.
- Out of State Lenders: Refer to Out of State Lender Letter in the Forms section of this site for downloadable instructions concerning the above procedure.
- To release a lien, the lien holder must sign and date two (2) release of lien forms. Mail one (1), signed and dated, copy of a lien release to the Oklahoma Tax Commission, P.O. Box 269061 Oklahoma City, Ok 73126, and one (1), signed and dated, copy of the lien release to the debtor.
- When a lien release cannot be obtained, a notarized statement from the secured party may be accepted. Refer to Lien Release Affidavit Letter in the Forms section of this site for downloadable instructions on this process.
Oklahoma Lien Entry Forms
All information on lien entry forms must be typed, computer generated, or printed in a legible manner. Forms with illegible information will not be processed.
Lien Entry Form #21A
Four (4) identical copies of the completed lien entry form are to be generated by the lien holder and submitted to the Oklahoma Tax Commission (OTC) or motor license agent (MLA).
Manufactured Home and Lien Information Search System