MV: Original Oklahoma Titles
To obtain an original Oklahoma title, the following items are generally required:
- Proper evidence of ownership - i.e. assigned Manufacturers Certificate of Origin (new vehicle); Out of state title (used vehicle).
- Physical inspection - In most instances, vehicles which have been previously titled in another state will have to be physically inspected by a representative of an Oklahoma motor license agency, or the Motor Vehicle Division, for confirmation of the vehicle identification number, before an Oklahoma title may be issued. This requirement does not apply to new vehicles.
- Lien information and documentation, if applicable
- Verification of liability insurance (motor vehicles only). The verification form must be in compliance with Oklahoma requirements (Refer to Liability Insurance Verification).
- A completed Application for Oklahoma Certificate of Title (Form 701-6/vehicles; Form BM26/boats & motors). The Applications are available for downloading from the Forms section of this site, as well as from any Oklahoma Motor License Agency.
- When transferring ownership of a motor vehicle nine (9) years old or newer, a completed odometer disclosure statement is required. This statement is generally incorporated into title certificate ownership assignments. A separate odometer disclosure statement form (Form 729) is available for downloading from the Forms Section of this site.
Last Modified on 04/11/2013