CARS: Convenient Auto Renewal System
The OTC's Online Answer for Vehicle Registration Renewal
Welcome to the Oklahoma Tax Commission's CARS (Convenient Auto Renewal System) Online System. This process allows online renewals of most existing Oklahoma registrations by the current record owner. The following vehicle types are eligible for CARS renewal at this time (check back for future enhancements):
- Standard Noncommercial:
- Non-Commercial and Non-Farm trucks
- Travel Trailers
- Motor Homes
- Commercial Trucks registering at a laden weight not exceeding 15,000 lbs.
- Farm Trucks weighing (truck + load carried) 55,000 lbs. or less. A current, valid Agriculture Exemption Permit Number (SMX #) is required.
To Register Online, the Following Information Will be Required:
- Last 4 characters of the vehicle identification number (VIN)
- The license plate number
- Driver license number (if individual) or FEI number (if other than an individual) of the vehicle owner
- Current liability insurance information (except for travel trailers). If vehicle is inoperable and not currently insured, a nonuse declaration may be completed online.
- Payment. Options for payment include:
- Electronic Funds Transfer (checking account)
- Credit Card: VISA, MasterCard, American Express, Discover Card.
You may renew your registration online, beginning the month preceding the registration expiration month.
If you have questions regarding the online registration renewal process, please contact the Motor Vehicle Division of the Oklahoma Tax Commission by email.
> Click here to access CARS: Convenient Auto Renewal System