The SPAN questionnaire was developed to assess nutrition behaviors, attitudes and knowledge, and physical activity behaviors among 3rd, 4th and 5th grade students in Oklahoma.
1. Must be done on day following a NORMAL school day (Tuesday through Friday).
2. If Monday is a holiday, the questionnaire must be administered Wednesday – Friday.
3. Can be administered at any time during the day.
4. Survey should not be administered on a day following a school party, field trip, etc..
5. The questionnaire does not ask any sensitive questions or pose any risk.
6. Remind students several times that this is NOT a test, and nobody at home or school will see their answers.
7. If students ask questions, do not assist them with an answer. You may restate the question so that it clarifies meaning for them, or pronounce words.
III.What it measures
1. Physiologic outcomes:
a. Body Mass Index (BMI), along with FitnessGram.
2. Student demographics:
3. Behavioral outcomes:
a. Dietary intake of foods from different food groups
b. Physical activity
c. TV/Video game watching
Please type your Teacher ID Number and click on 'Continue' button to proceed to the questionnaire.