Risk & Vulnerability Assessments
Utilizing their law enforcement background as well as their training in Crime Prevention by Environmental Design, each staff member of the Oklahoma School Security Institute can provide Risk & Vulnerability Assessments to school sites in their region.
Risk and Vulnerability Assessments are performed at No Cost and include:
- A Site Visit from an OSSI Staff Member on a traditional school day to observe the normal activities around the school;
- A List of school security best practices in each area assessed by the OSSI Staff;
- A Campus Overview including a tour of the school with notation on the security practices in place that are working well for the site as well as notation on threats, hazards, and vulnerabilities observed at the site;
- A Review of the school's policies and procedures with recommendations to strengthen language or processes if needed;
- Recommendations that are either no cost or low cost for the school site to reduce risk and increase the overall security of the site;
Requests to schedule a Risk and Vulnerability Assessment for your school site may be sent via email to OSSI@okohs.ok.gov.