BY-LAWS, RULES OF PROCEDURE 245:15-5
Effective September 14, 2018
CHAPTER 15. LICENSURE
SUBCHAPTER 5. EXAMINATIONS
245:15-5-1. Examinations required, scheduling and postponements
(a) Examination fees paid to NCEES shall only be refunded, and examinations postponed, per NCEES policy and procedures.
(b) Following the published deadline, an applicant may be approved to take an examination by the Principal Assistant or Executive Director if sufficient evidence of hardship exists to warrant such action. In no case shall an applicant be allowed to register for an examination after the NCEES cut-off date for paper and pencil examinations.
Back to Top
245 245:15-5-2. Examination notifications, deadlines and postponements - REVOKED
Back to Top
245 245:15-5-3. Examination specifications
(a) Examinations offered by the Board will be in accordance with NCEES specifications, developed by NCEES examinations committees.
(b) Land surveyor applicants will, in addition, be tested by an examination approved by the Board, upon their knowledge of Oklahoma laws and surveying.
(c) All applicants will, in addition, be tested by an open book exam based on Oklahoma laws, approved by the Board and administered by Board policy.
Back to Top
245 245:15-5-4. Taking and order of taking examinations
(a) Applicants may be approved to take one or more of the examinations listed in this subsection.
(1) NCEES Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) examination
(2) NCEES Principles and Practice of Engineering (PE) examination
(3) NCEES Structural Engineering (SE) examination
(4) NCEES Fundamentals of Surveying (FS) examination
(5) NCEES Principles and Practice of Surveying (PS) examination
(6) Oklahoma Law and Surveying (OLS) examination
(7) Oklahoma Law and Engineering/Surveying (OLE/S) examination
(b) Applicants required to take the Fundamentals of Engineering or Surveying examination, the Principles and Practice of Engineering examination, the Structural Engineering examination, or the Principles and Practice of Surveying examination, shall have received a passing score on the Fundamentals examination prior to being permitted to take the Principles and Practice examination or the Structural Engineering examination.
(c) The Structural examination shall be considered and referred to as one examination. The Structural examination shall consist of two components: the Vertical Forces (gravity/other) and Incidental Lateral component and the Lateral Forces (wind/earthquake) component. A candidate must receive acceptable results on both components to pass the Structural examination. A candidate may sit for each component in separate exam administrations but must receive acceptable results on both components within a 5-year period. Receiving acceptable results on only one component shall not be sufficient for licensure purposes.
(d) Examination subversion is the use of any means to alter the results of an examination to cause the results to inaccurately represent the competency of an examinee. Examination subversion for paper-and-pencil examination offerings includes, but is not limited to:
- Communication between examinees inside of the examination room.
- Giving or receiving any unauthorized assistance on the examination while an examination is in progress.
- Having any unauthorized printed or written matter or other devices in his or her possession which might serve to aid the examinee on the examination.
- Obtaining, using, buying, selling, distributing, having possession of, or having unauthorized access to secured examination questions or other secured examination material prior to, during or after the administration of the examination.
- Copying another examinee's answers or looking at another examinee's materials while an examination is in progress.
- Permitting anyone to copy answers to the examination.
- Removing any secured examination materials from the examination facility.
- Allowing another person to take the examination in the examinee's place.
- Placing any identifying mark upon his or her examination papers other than his or her identification number or other identifiers as directed by the examination administrator.
- Use by an examinee of any written material, audio material, video material, digital material, or any other mechanism not specifically authorized during the examination for the purpose of assisting any examinee in the examination.
- Writing on anything other than designated examination material.
- Writing or erasing anything after time is called.
- (e) If there is evidence of examination subversion by an examinee prior to, during, or after the administration of the examination, one or more of the following may occur:
- The examinee may be denied the privilege of taking the examination if examination subversion is detected before the administration of the examination.
- If the examination subversion detected has not yet compromised the integrity of the examination, such steps as are necessary to prevent further examination subversion shall be taken, and the examinee may be permitted to continue with the examination.
- The examinee may be requested to leave the examination facility if examination subversion is detected during the examination.
- The examinee may be requested to submit written advisement of his or her intent to comply with and understanding of the law.
- The examination results may be voided and the application fee forfeited.
The examinee may not be allowed to sit for an examination for a time prescribed by the Board following investigation.
(f) The Executive Director reserves the right not to release the examination results to the examinee pending the outcome of any investigation of examination subversion.
(g) Removal from or voidance of one part of a multiple-part examination taken during a single examination administration shall constitute removal from or voidance of all other parts of the multiple-part examination.
Back to Top
245 245:15-5-5. Examination grading and retention of grades
(a) Grading. NCEES examinations will be graded and results released in accordance with NCEES policies and procedures. Examination results will be reported as pass or fail only.
(b) Retention of examination results. The Board or its representative will maintain an applicant’s examination results obtained on the examinations taken for reference.
Back to Top
245 245:15-5-6. Re-examination - REVOKED
Back to Top
245:15-5-7. Transfer of examination grades
(a) Outgoing. The Board, or its representative, upon written request, will transfer examination results given under the Board's jurisdiction to any other duly constituted licensing board for use in evaluating such applicant's eligibility for a license or to NCEES for use in evaluating such applicant's eligibility for certification with NCEES records program.
(b) Incoming. The Board will accept examination results or examinations taken in other states by applicants who met the requirements in effect in Oklahoma at the time the examinations were taken or who meet the current requirements for licensing in Oklahoma. All others will be considered by the Board on a case-by-case basis.
Back to Top