OKLAHOMA STATE BOARD OF LICENSURE FOR
PROFESSIONAL ENGINEERS AND LAND SURVEYORS
Meeting Location: 220 NE 28th Street Oklahoma City, OK
Thursday, September 22, 2022 9:00 a.m.
Call meeting to order - declare quorum present.
“The State Board of Licensure for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors are meeting pursuant to letter notice issued by the Executive Director on the instruction of the Chair. Written notice of the meeting was filed with the Secretary of State and the Agenda posted outside the Board Offices twenty-four hours prior to the meeting setting forth thereon the date, time, place and business for the meeting.
Thursday, September 22, 2022 9:00 a.m.
Pledge of Allegiance
♦ Approval of July 28, 2022 Board Minutes
(Consent orders may be presented in lieu of a scheduled hearing)
Executive Session Proposed for each of the attached cases pursuant to 25 O.S. Supp. 2018, Section 307(B)(8).
1. Vote to convene in Executive Session
2. Executive Session Discussion.
3. Announce return from Executive Session.
4. Vote on motions
2022-023 Associated Engineering Consultants, Ltd., d/b/a Gose & Associates, CA 1640 / Steven Gose, PE 22808
2022-040 Coldwater Engineering, PC, CA 8931 / Tyler Phelps, PE 33377 / Terry Cowan -Consent Order
2022-047 Advanced Structural Technologies, Inc., CA 5454 - Consent Order
2022-048 Vaughn Engineering, Inc., CA 3150 / Greg A. Vaughn, PE 18370 - Consent Order
2022-051 Ronald Jason Keller
♦ Proposed Letters of Caution: VIEW HERE
♦ Current Case List: VIEW HERE
♦ Administrative Fines Spreadsheet: VIEW HERE
♦ Discussion and possible action concerning reports and recommendations made by the Complaint Review Committee:
Discussion and possible action regarding the following agenda items
♦ Request per Kelly Parker to determine which disciplines of engineering qualify a professional engineer to perform roofing inspections to assess storm related damages
♦ Request to review CA Re-authorization #8458 - Dennis Key, PLS - Managing Agent
♦ Approval of Board Calendar for 2023
♦ Executive Director Report
♦ Scholarship Report
1. OCCF Investment Performance
2. Professionally Engineering the Future Scholarship Fund
3. Scholarship Fund Statement of Activities
♦ Outreach Report
♦ Financial Report
1. Financial Statement July - August, 2022
2. Claims and P-Card Purchases - July, 2022
3. Claims and P-Card Purchases - August, 2022
♦ A/E Joint Committee Meeting Report
♦ Comprehensive Review and Proposed Revisions to O.S. Title 59, 475.1 et seq.
♦ Surveying Committee Report
- Oklahoma Law and Surveying Exam
- Proposed Corner Record Audit Review Committee
- Professional Land Surveyor Continuing Education and Audit Committee
♦ Professional Engineer Committee Report
- Oklahoma Law and Engineering Exam
- Professional Engineer Continuing Education and Audit Committee
♦ NCEES Information and Reports
♦ Building Report
♦ Legislative Report
♦ Board general discussion regarding professional engineering or surveying topics
♦ Consent Agenda - Application Action Items (Pursuant to OAC 245:15-3-4)
1. Request for Board ratification of the following based up approval by the Executive Director and the Board's designee in between board meetings:
a. PE Applications (including MLE PE's, PE-SE's, Re-licensure, and other qualifying PE applications)
b. CA Applications
b. Temporary License Applications
c. Engineer Intern Certifications
d. Land Surveyor Intern Certifications
e. Amended Certificate of Authorization Applications
f. SE Grandfathering Applications B
g. Name Change Applications
2. Board consideration of applications reviewed and approved by the Executive Director and the Board's designee for initial licensure, who have now passed the PE examination and obtained all requisite experience (these applicants applied to take the PE examination prior to obtaining all requisite experience).
3. Board consideration of applications reviewed and approved by the Executive Director and the Board's designee for admission to the P.S. and/or O.L.S. examination and, when the examination(s) are successfully passed, granted initial P.L.S. licensure.
4. Board consideration of applications reviewed and approved by the Executive Director and the Board's designee for admission to the P.S. and/or O.L.S. examination and, when the examination(s) are successfully passed, granted comity P.L.S. licensure.
5. Board consideration of Oklahoma P.E.'s applying for the S.E. designation by way of education and experience (Application A)
6. Application and Exam Report
7. Initial PE Applications to be rejected
♦ Next Board Meeting: December 1-2, 2022
♦ Public Comment (limited to 3 minutes per person)
♦ New Business –
Motion to adjourn.