- About Us / Contact Us
PLEASE READ PRIOR TO FILLING OUT THE APPLICATION
1. Applications must be received in the Board office or postmarked by the deadline date. December 1, 2013 is the deadline for the April 11, 2014 examination. June 1, 2014 is the deadline for the October 24, 2014 examination.
2. ALL applicants shall complete the 2-hour Oklahoma Law and Land Surveying (OLS) exam and the 25 question Open Book OLS exam prior to licensure. An additional 8-hour Fundamentals of Surveying (FS) examination and/or a 6-hour Principles and Practice (PS) examination also will be required if not previously completed.
3. If the Board requires an applicant to complete the 8-hour Fundamentals (FS) exam, he/she must pass that exam before being scheduled for the Principles and Practice exam (PS) and/or Oklahoma Land Surveying (OLS) exam.
4. After your application is processed and approved by the Board, your name will be provided to the National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying (NCEES). It is your responsibility to register with NCEES for the examination at www.ncees.org/exam. The exam fee will be paid to NCEES. There is a separate examination fee from the application fee. After your approval, you will be expected to sit for the next scheduled examination.
If you have filed a like, previous application with our Board, within the past 5 years, complete the application in its entirety, however read the following on the Record of Experience portion and the references: Update your Record of Experience from the date the previous application was submitted. IF YOUR PREVIOUS APPLICATION WAS SUBMITTED WITHIN THE PAST TWO YEARS, AT LEAST TWO OF THE REFERENCES SHOULD BE INDIVIDUALS NOT LISTED ON YOUR PREVIOUS APPLICATION. These new references should verify your work experience SINCE your previous application. Please put an asterisk (*) by the names of the new references. You do not need to order transcripts for your new application unless you have earned additional college credits since your previous application was filed.
IF YOU HAVE NOT FILED AN APPLICATION WITHIN 5 YEARS, A COMPLETE NEW APPLICATION INCLUDING TRANSCRIPTS IS REQUIRED.
If you have completed an Authorization for Transmittal of Council Record and/or Certificate of Verification with the NCEES for your council record to be forwarded to this office, you will need to complete all parts of this application form EXCEPT Part 7 and Part 14. This will allow you to waive the requirement to submit references and work experience, and you will not be required to send this Board a transcript. You will be required to submit the required application fee.
Instructions for Non-NCEES Record Holders:
1. If you have taken examinations in other states, or are licensed in another state, make as many copies as necessary, and mail a copy of the Verification of Licensure form (Appendix A) and a stamped envelope addressed to: Oklahoma State Board of Licensure for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors, Oklahoma Engineering Center, 201 NE 27th St., Room 120, Oklahoma City, OK 73105-2788, to the appropriate state board to verify your current license and your examinations. Addresses of state boards may be obtained from the following website under NCEES Members: “ncees.org” or you may call 1-800-250-3196 for this information. The responding state board will complete the verification form and mail it directly to the Oklahoma Board office.
2. Make as many copies of the Experience Verification and Reference form (Appendix B) as necessary to send to your references. Fill out the top portion of the form as indicated.
3. Attach a copy of your experience record (page 2 of your LS application form) to this form and mail to your references.
4. Your reference must place the completed Experience Verification and Reference form into a business size envelope, seal the envelope, and sign across the back flap of the envelope.
5. Your reference must return the sealed and signed envelope to you. Do not open the envelope. It is helpful to provide the reference with a self-addressed, stamped, envelope that is larger than a business size envelope, as well as a business size envelope, in which to insert the sealed and signed envelope for returning it directly to you.
6. You will send the sealed and signed envelopes to the Board office along with your application form for the Board’s review.
7. Request universities to provide official transcripts of all university work to be sent directly to the Oklahoma Board.
8. Complete the LS application form.
9. For original license enclose a check for $150.00 payable to the Oklahoma State Board of Licensure for Professional Engineers & Land Surveyors (Checks can be made to: OK St. Bd. of PE & LS) For comity or re-licensure applications enclose a check for $250.00.
10. Complete and have notarized the Verification of Lawful Presence Form and provide documentation.
11. Mail completed application form, reference letters (sealed in envelopes with signature across the back flap), Verification of Lawful Presence Form and check to: Oklahoma State Board of Licensure for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors, Oklahoma Engineering Center, 201 NE 27th St, Room 120, Oklahoma City, OK 73105-2788.
Special testing accommodations:
Religious and ADA accommodation requests must be received 60 days prior to the exam administration date.
For forms and guidelines, go to http://www.ncees.org/exams/special_accomodations/
To order official preparation material produced by the exam professionals of NCEES, contact:
P.O. Box 1686
Clemson, SC 29633-1686