Facilitation Training and Certification - 1.2 CEU
(ALSO KNOWN AS FACILITATION SKILLS)
This course is designed for individuals who will facilitate groups working on identifying and solving specific problems or issues in meetings, seminars, or strategy sessions. Facilitators will learn group dynamics and techniques to effectively lead small- to medium-sized groups.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
Individuals who are designated to facilitate groups toward decision making, particularly those who want to complete the facilitator certification process.
- Demonstrate basic skills of facilitators
- Identify and manage group behavior and life cycles.
- Discuss prominent roles of group members.
- Role of the Facilitator
- Pre-Planning for Facilitation
- Facilitating a Meeting
- Group Dynamics
PREREQUISITES FOR ENROLLMENT:
Individuals need to have successfully completed:
- Quality Oklahoma Processes or, within the last five years, Quality Oklahoma Problem Solving Process and Quality Oklahoma Quality Improvement Process; and
- Quality Tools
Team Building, Planning & Evaluating, Oral Communication, Problem Solving, Interpersonal Skills
GENDER ISSUES IN MANAGEMENT (Formerly Gender Games in Management) - 0.6 CEU
This course explores gender differences in the workplace. It addresses how many women approach various management functions, the differences in male/female perspectives at work, and the disparate impact of life’s realities on careers.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
Persons who must work effectively with members of the opposite sex.
- List cultural differences between men and women in the workplace.
- Discuss how men and women might respond differently to the same work situation.
- Develop a strategy to build on the strengths of both sexes to enhance productivity.
A. Men, Women, and Work. The Cultural Gender Issues and Challenges
B. Working With the Culture Difference Between Men and Women
C. Strategies for Working Together
Managing Diverse Workforce, External Awareness, Conflict Management
HOW TO CONDUCT ON-THE-JOB TRAINING (OJT) - 0.6 CEU
Participants in this workshop will learn a simple and effective method for training employees on the job. Participants will practice the OJT method, which is especially helpful for supervisors who conduct "one-on-one" training frequently.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
Supervisors, managers and senior level professional/technical personnel who provide training or plan to provide training to their employees on the job.
- Identify training needs that can best be met through OJT.
- Write learner objectives geared to specific training needs.
- Develop an on-the-job training plan.
- Identify methods for evaluating the effectiveness of training.
A. Analyzing the Job
B. Determining Training Needs
C. Writing Learner Objectives
D. Preparing OJT Lesson Plans
E. Conducting OJT Using the Demonstration Method
F. Evaluating Training Results
Team Building, Service Orientation, Technology Management
HRD023 CPM REQUIRED
HOW TO INVESTIGATE INCIDENTS - 0.6 CEU
This course is designed to give supervisors the tools necessary to investigate a variety of liability incidents and workplace injuries. We will discuss in detail how to conduct an investigation from start to finish and how to properly document the investigation as well as how to report liability incidents to State Risk Management.
IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU: BRANDING FOR A CONFIDENT YOU - 0.6 CEU
Personal branding is a process that helps you identify and focus your natural strengths, talents, passions, ideals, values, and experience so your daily actions, connections, and accomplishments move you ever closer to achieving your ultimate personal vision. This course is a day filled with basic, fundamental questions about you and requires self-reflection, self-awareness, honesty, and sharing. Your brand is your reputation. It is the core of who you are, what you have to offer, and how you operate. You can use your brand to present your best "self" and shape others' perception of you.
1. Learn the benefits of personal branding.
2. Practice methods that develop your personal brand strategy.
3. Identify positive personal characteristics and barriers to being the best you.
4. Learn how to project your brand.
Developing Self and Personal