The Information Technology (IT) Sector is central to Oklahoma's security, economy, and public health and safety. Businesses, governments, academia, and private citizens are increasingly dependent upon IT Sector functions. These virtual and distributed functions produce and provide hardware, software, and IT systems and services, and—in collaboration with the Communications Sector — the Internet.
The IT Sector functions are operated by a combination of entities—often owners and operators and their respective associations—that maintain and reconstitute the network, including the Internet. The Internet encompasses the global infrastructure of packet-based networks and databases that use a common set of protocols to communicate. The networks are connected by various transports, and the availability of these networks and services is the collective responsibility of the IT and Communications Sectors. �
Indicators of potential terrorist planning or activities:
- Physical surveillance, which may include note taking or the use of binoculars, cameras or maps near key facilities.
- Attempts to gain sensitive information regarding key facilities or personnel through personal contact or by telephone, mail or e-mail.
- Attempts to penetrate or test physical security and response procedures at key facilities.
- Suspicious or improper attempts to acquire official vehicles, uniforms, badges, access cards or identification for key facilities.
- Presence of individuals who do not appear to belong in the workplace, business establishment or near a key facility.
- Behavior which appears to denote planning for terrorist activity, such as mapping out routes, playing out scenarios, monitoring key facilities and timing traffic flow or signals.
Information Technology Sector
- IT Products and Services
- Incident Management Services and Equipment
- Internet-based Content, Information, and Communications Services and Equipment
- Domain Name Resolution Services and Equipment
- Identity Management and Associated Trust Support Services
- Internet Routing, Access and Connection Services and Equipment