HOW DOES THE LOST POLICY SEARCH WORK?
The Department has created the Life Policy Locator service to help consumers locate benefits from life insurance policies or annuity contracts purchased in Oklahoma.
- You mail in necessary information about the deceased to the Oklahoma Insurance Department. (See details below.)
- The Oklahoma Insurance Department will forward that information to all Oklahoma-licensed life insurance companies.
- Requests will be forwarded to insurance companies no later than 30 days after the request was submitted.
- We ask the insurance companies to search their records to determine whether they have any individual life insurance policies or individual annuity contracts in the name of the deceased.
- Insurance companies will respond directly to the requestor only if they have any individual life insurance policies or annuity contracts naming the deceased, and if the requestor is authorized to receive this information.
WHO CAN SUBMIT A REQUEST:
- Individuals who believe they are beneficiaries
- Legal representatives of the deceased’s estate
PLEASE NOTE: If the person making the request is not legally entitled to information about the life insurance policy or annuity, the insurance company will not make contact with that person. However, the insurance company will begin a search for the beneficiaries named on the policy.
HOW TO SUBMIT A REQUEST:
- Print form from link below and fill out the information.
- Include a copy of the death certificate. IMPORTANT: Your request will not be processed without the death certificate.
- Mail the form and death certificate to the following address:
Oklahoma Insurance Department
Consumer Assistance Division
Life Policy Insurance Locator
3625 NW 56th Street, Suite 100
Oklahoma City, OK 73112
OR email form and a copy of the death certificate to email@example.com.
Life Insurance Policy Locator Request Form