- Property Owners & Managers
- About OHFA
Providing Housing Resources With an Eagerness to Serve
On August 1, 2000, Oklahoma Housing Finance Agency (OHFA) entered into an Annual Contributions Contract (ACC) with the U. S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) as the Project Based Section 8 Contract Administrator (PBCA) for Oklahoma.
OHFA continues to administer the program and assist HUD in providing housing assistance for nearly 13,000 families in the state of Oklahoma. We currently monitor HUD compliance for 170 properties consisting of 190 contracts.
The PBCA program provides Section 8 housing assistance to eligible families based on their financial need.
To become tenants at any Project Based Section 8 property, applicants must contact the property directly to apply and qualify. The property management staff will gather all necessary identification and verification documentation. The property management staff assesses all documentation to approve eligibility, total tenant payment, the required security deposit, tenant rent, utility allowance (if applicable), and the HUD assistance payment.
Each property develops and establishes its individual tenant selection plan, house rules, policies, and procedures in accordance with HUD guidelines.
Applicants can search for apartments at: www.hud.gov/apps/section8
Under our contract with HUD, we are required to perform the following tasks:
• Conduct periodic on-site Management and Occupancy Reviews (MOR) to ensure that each property is being operated in compliance with the HUD guidelines, rules and regulation, and the Housing Assistance Payment (HAP) contract, and Regulatory Agreement.
• Process Housing Assistance Payment (HAP) vouchers and special claim payments to the property owners each month. The owner’s receive the HAP payments for providing housing assistance services to eligible tenants. Special Claims are payments provided to owners for vacancies and unpaid rent and damages. The owners submit vouchers and special claims for payment and the PBCA Financial Staff review the documentation and make payments to the owners by the 1st business day of each month.
• Renew each owner’s HAP contract prior to their contract expiration date. This ensures that there is no interruption in payment of the owner’s HAP voucher.
• Process each owner’s rent adjustment annually prior to their funding expiration date. This ensures that there is no interruption in payment of the owner’s HAP voucher.
• Handle and resolve tenant and community complaints and issues. We serve as the mediator between the tenant and the owner/management agent to ensure that each concern is resolved in a timely manner in accordance with the HUD Rules and regulations.
• Provide HUD with reports of all PBCA activities monthly, quarterly, and annually.
OHFA’s primary goal is to provide the highest level of quality in the administration of the PBCA program.