Homebuyer Downpayment Assistance
Interested in buying a home? We make it possible with OHFA Homebuyer Downpayment Assistance.
At closing, OHFA Homebuyer Downpayment Assistance offers 3.5% toward your total loan amount. This means it takes less money up front when purchasing a home. Visit with an OHFA Approved lender to determine which product is right for you.
About the Program:
- Can be used to purchase new and existing homes.
- Available in all 77 counties in Oklahoma for homes priced up to $283,348.
- Loans are limited to 30-year fixed rate mortgages.
- First time homebuyer requirements may apply dependent upon purchase location.
- Available loan types: FHA, USDA-RD, VA or Conventional
- Special rates for teachers and first responders.
Get started today with 3 easy steps.
Step 1: Do a quick check to find out if you might be eligible.
Step 2: Then contact an approved lender to get started.
Step 3: Once qualified, it's time to meet with a Realtor. Choose your own or meet with one of our Blue Ribbon Realtors.
Step 1: Is OHFA Homebuyer Downpayment Assistance right for me?
You may be eligible for OHFA Homebuyer Downpayment Assistance if
- You are purchasing a home in Oklahoma.
- The home will be used as your primary residence within 60 days of closing.
- Maximum household income requirements varies by family size and home location.
- You have a credit score of 640 or greater.
- You are a legal resident of the United States.
Step 2: Contact a Lender
Get qualified by contacting an OHFA Lender today. Show your interest in OHFA Homebuyer Downpayment Assistance with this letter.
Step 3: Find a Realtor
Choose your own or contact one of our more than 500 Blue Ribbon Realtors who will assist in helping you find the perfect home.