- About OEQA
- Certification Testing
- Educator Preparation
- National Board Certification
- Oklahoma School Performance Review
- School & District Profiles Reports
Oklahoma School Performance Review
The Oklahoma School Performance Review (OSPR) Program was authorized by the Oklahoma Legislature during the 2001 session and amended during the 2005 session. The purpose of the performance reviews is to develop findings, commendations, and recommendations for individual school districts regarding: (1) containing costs; (2) improving management strategies; and (3) promoting better education for Oklahoma children.
As a part of each review and in conjunction with the Office of Educational Quality & Accountability (OEQA), educational and management consultants conduct onsite evaluations, review district operations, study district data, interview stakeholders, hold public meetings, and distribute surveys. These consultants, along with OEQA, then produce a report evaluating the following areas of a district’s operations:
After the district has reviewed the accuracy of its contents, the Office of Educational Quality and Accountability edits, prints, and releases the final report during a presentation to the local school board. The report includes commendations, recommendations, and estimates of savings as well as district trend data, survey results, public forum comments, and enrollment projections. Cost savings attributed to the review are intended to go toward classroom expenses in order to improve student performance and readiness.
The cost of a review varies depending on the size of the district, but the Office of Educational Quality and Accountability can fund 100 percent of the cost if a district meets one of the following criteria:
A district not meeting any of the above criteria will only pay 25 percent of the cost of a review, and the Office of Educational Quality and Accountability will cover the remaining 75 percent.
Previous reviews can be viewed on this website. Hard copies can be mailed upon request. If you are interested in a school performance review for your district or need more information about this program and its benefits, please contact Angie Bookout, Senior Coordinator for Educational Quality at 405-522-5399.