To seek National Board Certification you must meet the following requirements prior to applying:
- Possess a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution. (Career and Technical Education candidates are required to hold a teaching certificate)
- Complete 3 years of successful teaching in one or more: early childhood, elementary, middle or secondary. (School Counseling candidates must have completed 3 years as a School Counselor)
- Meet the teacher licensure requirements established by Oklahoma and hold a valid teaching license. (World Languages candidates must also provide ACTFL certificate of Advanced Low or higher)
- Commit to completing the NBPTS assessment process.
- Commit to be a mentor to future candidates.
Before applying, please carefully review all eligibility requirements outlined in the Guide to National Board Certification.
Click here for more information on choosing the right certification area for you.
If you wish to become a renewal candidate, please click here.