- About OEQA
- Educator Preparation
- Certification Testing
- National Board Certification
- Oklahoma School Performance Review
- School & District Profiles Reports
edTPA is a performance assessment to help determine if new teachers are ready to enter the profession with the skills necessary to help all of their students learn.
edTPA is comparable to entry-level licensing exams that demand applications of skills in other professions, such as the medical licensing exams, the architecture exam, or the bar exam in law. As a nationally available teacher performance assessment, edTPA:
• Helps candidates develop the confidence and skills they need to be successful in urban, suburban, and rural schools.
• Provides a uniform and evidence-based process that can be used across states to confirm that aspiring teachers demonstrate their readiness for the classroom.
• Measures candidates' ability to differentiate instruction for diverse learners, including English language learners and special education students.
• Provides meaningful and consistent data that can be used to improve teacher education programs and renew program curriculum.
• Creates a body of evidence of teacher performance.