S.W. 34th St. bridge over I-35 in Moore
A new S.W. 34th St. bridge will be built over I-35 in Moore as part of an $11.3 million project. This artist’s rendering of the new bridge was provided by the City of Moore.
About the Project
- This City of Moore project includes construction of a new S.W. 34th St. bridge over I-35 in Moore, which will provide a new interstate crossing between S. 19th St. and Indian Hills Rd.
- The project also will widen S.W. 34th St. to four lanes from Telephone Rd. to near the BNSF railroad east of I-35 and replace the S.W. 34th St. bridge over the Little River just east of I-35.
- The project is being funded with a combination of local and federal funds. The use of federal funds brings ODOT into the process in an oversight role for the construction project.
- The $11.3 million contract for this project was awarded in July by the Oklahoma Transportation Commission to Silver Star Construction Co. Inc. of Moore.
- Work began in August 2018 and is expected to take just more than one year to complete.
Impact to Traffic
- The contractor will maintain three lanes of I-35 traffic in each direction through most of the project by resurfacing the shoulder and shifting traffic away from the median during construction of the center bridge pier. There will be some overnight lane closures at the beginning of the project for lane striping and barrier wall placement.
- There also will be complete closures of I-35 for 15 to 30 minutes at a time with rolling roadblocks to allow the contractor to hang the bridge beams over the interstate. These closures will take place during overnight hours.
- There will be minimal impact to S.W. 34th St. traffic initially because the street’s new lanes will be built parallel to the existing ones.
- City street traffic will be restricted on S.W. 34th St. near the I-35 service roads during construction of the outer bridge piers and approaches.
- Check the daily OKC Traffic Advisory for the latest information on closures.
Last Modified on 08/13/2019
The Oklahoma Department of Transportation (ODOT) ensures that no person or groups of persons shall, on the grounds of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, retaliation or genetic information, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be otherwise subjected to discrimination under any and all programs, services, or activities administered by ODOT, its recipients, sub-recipients, and contractors. To request an accommodation please contact the ADA Coordinator at 405-521-4140 or the Oklahoma Relay Service at 1-800-722-0353.