A $38 million project is underway to replace pavement along I-244 in Tulsa.
I-244 pavement replacement project underway in Tulsa
About the project:
- Replacing all the pavement on eastbound and westbound I-244 between the US-75 junction (northeast corner of the Inner Dispersal Loop) and 73rd E. Avenue.
- Replacing bridge decks at Peoria Ave., Delaware Ave., Admiral Place and 73rd E. Avenue.
- Construction began in March 2015 on this nearly 5-mile long work zone; significant delays can be expected, especially during peak travel times.
- As of October 2015, all traffic is running on new sections of pavement in this corridor.
- Traffic counts are up to 73,000 vehicles per day in this area.
Additional project information:
- A $38 million contract awarded to Duit Construction Company Inc. and TTK Construction Company Inc. JV in November 2014 for the I-244 segment between Delaware Ave. and 73rd E. Avenue.
- Completion date for this segment is expected in summer 2016, weather permitting.
- A separate $22 million contract was awarded to Sherwood Construction Co. Inc. in February 2015 for the I-244 segment between the US-75 junction at the northeast corner of the Inner Dispersal Loop and Delaware Avenue.
- Expected completion for this segment is late spring 2016, weather permitting.
- Both projects tie into other recent pavement projects, and I-244 will have all new pavement from the I-244/Arkansas River bridge east to the eastern I-244/I-44 split upon completion.
FOR daily traffic advisories featuring lane and ramp closures, check ODOT's Newsroom at http://tinyurl.com/nf2nwla .
Last Modified on 11/30/2015
The Oklahoma Department of Transportation (ODOT) ensures that no person or groups of persons shall, on the grounds of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, retaliation or genetic information, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be otherwise subjected to discrimination under any and all programs, services, or activities administered by ODOT, its recipients, sub-recipients, and contractors. To request an accommodation please contact the ADA Coordinator at 405-521-4140 or the Oklahoma Relay Service at 1-800-722-0353.