An intersection reconstruction project began July 20 at 33rd and US-77 (Broadway) in Edmond.
Intersection Improvements Headed to Broadway in Edmond
About the Project
- Project estimated at about $5 million
- Construction started July 20 and is expected to last for about a year
- Awarded to Allen Contracting Inc. and Shell Construction Inc., both of Oklahoma City, in April 2015
- Reconstruct the intersection of Broadway (US-77) and 33rd Street, which is the City of Edmond's busiest intersection
- Adds left turn lanes, new traffic signals and improves the island medians along 33rd Street in addition to resurfacing
- In final configuration, Broadway (US-77) will have three lanes for traffic plus two left turn lanes and one right turn lane in each direction
- 33rd Street will have two lanes for traffic in each direction. Eastbound traffic will have two left turn lanes and one right turn lane while westbound traffic will have one left turn lane and one right turn lane.
- Resurfacing of 33rd Street will start 700 feet east of the intersection and continue west up to the railroad tracks.
- The contractor will be required to leave two lanes open at all times on northbound and southbound Broadway through construction
- At least one lane will be open at all times on eastbound and westbound 33rd Street
- Drivers are encouraged to plan additional time for their commutes and to seek an alternate route when feasible.
- Traffic advisories will be listed on ODOT's website at http://ok.gov/odot/Traffic_and_Travel/Traffic_Advisories/Traffic_Alerts.html
SIGN UP for traffic advisories to be sent via email at www.odot.org.
Last Modified on 12/02/2015
The Oklahoma Department of Transportation (ODOT) ensures that no person or groups of persons shall, on the grounds of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, retaliation or genetic information, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be otherwise subjected to discrimination under any and all programs, services, or activities administered by ODOT, its recipients, sub-recipients, and contractors.