ADSAC Assessor Requirements
Trainings for new ADSAC assessor candidates may be held two times a year: Spring and Fall.
- Possession of a bachelor's degree or above in behavioral or health sciences.
- Have at least two years documented full-time clinical experience in drug/alcohol treatment counseling; and
- Current licensure as a LBHP* or certified as an alcohol and drug counselor (CADC); or
- Current status as an LBHP candidate, under the onsite supervision of a certified ADSAC assessor.
- Proof of successful completion of a one (1) day ASAM training within two (2) years of the submission of the application.
*"Licensed Behavioral Health Professional" or "LBHP" means:
(A) Allopathic or Osteopathic Physicians with a current license and board certification in psychiatry or board eligible in the state in which services are provided, or a current resident in psychiatry;
(B) Practitioners with a license to practice in the state in which services are provided by one of the following licensing boards:
(ii) Social Work (clinical specialty only);
(iii) Professional Counselor;
(iv) Marriage and Family Therapist;
(v) Behavioral Practitioner; or
(vi) Alcohol and Drug Counselor.
Complete the online profile if you meet requirements 1- 5 above. To complete the online profile:
• Go to www.odmhsas.org, then to Services
• Click on DUI (ADSAC) Services and choose the link Alcohol Drug Substance Abuse Courses
• Create user for Access Control.
*You will receive an email notification from the helpdesk regarding Access Control log-in.
• Once you log-In click on the Registration icon
• Select Alcohol and Drug Substance Abuse Courses and Advance to Registration
• Once you complete registration click the submit button. DO NOT click on PAY BILLS. A copy of Title 450 Chapter 22, which implements the ADSAC assessor process can be found on our website under Quick Links, Administrative Rules, Permanent Rules.
Oklahoma Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services
1200 NE 13th Street, PO Box 53277
Oklahoma City, OK 73152-3277
405-522-3908 | 405-522-3851 TDD | 405-522-3650 Fax | Toll-Free, 24 Hours 1-800-522-9054
Notice of Privacy Practices
to report a problem with this web page click here
Last Modified on 05/19/2017