Oklahoma Department of Rehabilitation Services
- 3535 NW 58th Street, Suite 500
- Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73112
- Voice/TTY/TDD (405) 951-3400
Call to find out which counselor serves your Zip Code.
Toll Free Voice/TTY/TDD (800) 845 8476
This agency is made up of three Divisions: Rehabilitative Services, Visual Services, and Disability Determination. The agency's mission is to provide opportunities for individuals with disabilities to achieve productivity, independence and an enriched quality of life. In order to locate Vocational Rehabilitation providers and vendors nearest you contact your Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor.
VR's toll free number, automated system 1-800-487-4042 for the caller to inquire about which office to contact in regards to receiving services according to their zip code area.
An individual is eligible for vocational rehabilitation services if he/she:
- Has a physical or mental impairment which results in a substantial impediment to employment;
- Can benefit in terms of employment outcomes from vocational rehabilitation services;
- Requires vocational rehabilitation services to prepare for, enter, or retain gainful employment.
Individuals with the most severe disabilities receive priority in obtaining services.
Employment Services for persons with disabilities include:
- Counseling and guidance to help each person attain occupational goals
- Medical care and durable medical equipment needed to remove or reduce limitations resulting from disability
- Prosthetic appliances such as limbs, braces, hearing aids, eyeglasses and other devices when needed to increase work capacity
- Prescribed adaptive technology to increase consumer's abilities to function successfully
- Tuition and fees at trade or vocational schools, colleges or universities and/or on-the-job training
- Books and other related training expenses
- Pre-vocational training through community based rehabilitation facilities
- Financial maintenance, transportation, tools, equipment, licenses, or initial inventory for starting businesses
- Job placement and on-the-job follow-up
Consumers may be required to participate in the cost of these services, depending on their income levels.