- About ODC
- Agency ADA Coordinators
Client Assistance Program CAP
The Client Assistance Program (CAP) works with You to Solve Problems (with state/tribal VR, independent living, schools)
CAP works with you:
• To improve communication
• To work with your concerns
• To advocate for your needs
• To inform you about your program
• Inform and advise you of your rights and responsibilities under the Rehabilitation Act
• Assist and advocate in communicating your concerns to Department of Rehabilitation Services (DRS) staf and other programs funded under the Rehabilitation Act • Explain the development of your rehabilitation plan
• Explain the policy, steps and procedures in rehabilitation process
• Explain specific Department of the Rehabilitation Services (OKDRS) programs and benefits available to persons with disabilities
• Talk with OKDRS about your case with a release
• Request written information about your case
• Request agency policy backing a decision
• Request a meeting to mediate differences
• Provide information about a Fair Hearing
• Represent you in a Fair Hearing if appropriate
CAP serves clients of:
• Te Oklahoma Department of Rehabilitation Services
• Clients of Independent Living organizations in Oklahoma
• Students with disabilities in public education both common and higher
This brochure is funded with federal funds from the Oklahoma CAP grant CAP has been placed in the Office of Disability Concerns (ODC) since its beginning in 1984. CAP operates through a federal grant. ODC is a state agency separate from the Oklahoma Department of Rehabilitation Services.
Tip Of the Hat from CAP
For valuable tips and ideas visit our website to read Each contains great information to help you with your experience with DRS!
OfFice of Disability Concerns Client Assistance Program
1111 N Lee Ave Suite 500
Oklahoma City, OK 73103
Friend Us on Facebook!
Picture: Logo of CAP Map of Oklahoma overlaid with Client Assistance Program, phone number 800-522-8224,www.ok.gov/odc.A large help button is centered over the map of Oklahoma. CAP works with YOU
Picture of the disability community. Stylized pictures of an Individual Standing, Individual in a Wheel Chair, Individual with a White Cane and Service Animal, Individual Standing with a prosthesis on lower right leg, and an Individual sitting in a chair.