- ON-LINE APPLICATIONS
- ON-LINE RENEWAL
- BOARD INFORMATION
- LICENSE INFORMATION
Frequently Asked Questions
Please send all correspondence to OBESPA, 3700 N. Classen Blvd Ste. 248, Oklahoma City, OK 73118
1. How to change your name on your licensure card or certificate?
A licensee must provide the board office a copy of the legal documentation of name change, i.e. a marriage certificate, divorce decree or legal name change document. There is a $5.00 fee for the office to remake a licensure card and $25.00 for a new large certificate. If you have lost your card and need a replacement send $5.00 to the office.
2. How to get a verification of licensure?
An individual or company must send the board office a check for $5.00 and a request in writing for a verification of licensure.
3. How to get a list of Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists in Oklahoma?
An individual or company must send the board office a check for $25.00 and a letter listing the database items wanted on the list. Example: First Name, Last Name, Address, City, State, Zip Code, License Number, License Type, etc. The individual or company must provide their e-mail address. The list will then be e-mailed in Excel format.
4. Do I have to prove citizenship in Oklahoma to be licensed?
Currently the federal and state laws prohibit licensure of an individual without proof of citizenship.
5. How many continuing education hours must a licensee complete to remain licensed in Oklahoma?
Clock hours required for license renewal.
A minimum of twenty (20) clock hours of acceptable continuing education will be required for renewal of a license to practice speech-language pathology or audiology in a two year period. The continuing education period begins in January of every odd-numbered year. A speech-language pathologist or audiologist obtaining initial licensure during a two year period shall have his or her continuing education requirement prorated to 2.5 clock hours per full quarter remaining in that period. Audiology Assistants are not required to obtain CEU hours.
The 20 hours of continuing education required for license renewal must include at least three clock hours of professional ethics, except when, during the first year of licensure, the required hours of continuing education are less that five clock hours.
6. Applications for licensure must be received one week before each board meeting. A temporary license will be issued to those becoming licensed for Speech-Language Pathology or Audiology. Those becoming licensed for Audiology Assistant, Speech- Language Pathology Assistant and Clinical Experience Year will not be issued a temporary license but will be approved for a license at a board meeting.