Welcome to the Oklahoma Board of Nursing Online License/Certificate Renewal Page!
This site was created to give licensees and certificate holders the opportunity to renew their licenses/certificates online.
Who May Use the Online License Renewal?
- Upon completion of the online renewal process, you will receive a confirmation receipt
to print for your records. This confirmation receipt will serve as verification you
submitted your licensure/certificate renewal online.
- You should confirm the processing of your renewal online in
approximately 2 business days at: https://www.ok.gov/nursing/verify/.
- You may expect to receive your pocket license card within 3 weeks.
- If you do not receive your pocket license card within 3 weeks, contact the Board office at 405-962-1800
Persons Not Eligible to Renew Online
- Advanced Unlicensed Assistants with current, active certificates who are US citizens, U.S. nationals, or legal permanent resident aliens.
- RN's and LPN's with current, active licenses who are U.S. citizens, U.S.
nationals, or legal permanent resident aliens.
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (CNP's, CNM's, CNS's, CRNA's)
- Prescriptive Authority (CNP's, CNM's, CNS's)
- Authority to select, order, obtain and administer drugs (CRNA's)
There are some cases where individuals are not eligible to use the online
licensure renewal process. DO NOT PROCEED ONLINE IF:
- Your license or certificate is inactive, lapsed, suspended or revoked.
- You have been notified by the Oklahoma Tax Commission you are not compliant with state income tax and have not resolved this with the Oklahoma Tax Commission
- You will need to contact that agency at 1-800-522-8165 / 405-522-6800
- You have previously been notified for an RN/LPN Continuing Qualifications audit and have not yet submitted information
Accepted Payment Methods
- AUA certificate renewal fee = $25
- RN/LPN license renewal fee = $75
- Each APRN license renewal fee = $40
- Each prescriptive authority recognition renewal fee = $40
Active duty military personnel:
- Electronic check (electronic funds transfer from checking account)
- Credit card (Mastercard or Visa)
- In addition to the total renewal fee, there is a $3.50 online processing fee payable to the online service provider which will be reflected as a separate charge
Effective November 1, 2012, any license held by a deployed member of the military
may be extended with no fee [59 O.S. §4100.6]. If this applies to you, please submit prior to the expiration
date of your license, a written request for extension of your license with no fee, with copies of the official
orders of the deployment and the official orders identifying the date of your return.
Recent legislation requires the Board of Nursing to verify citizenship status prior to issuance of a license/certificate.
If you are a qualified alien
who is not a U.S. citizen, national, or permanent legal resident alien, you must present in
person at the Board office
, valid documentary evidence of your alien status prior to renewing your license/certificate.
After submitting the evidence of alien status, you will be provided with a renewal form and an Evidence of Status form to
complete at the Board office and submit with the $75.00 renewal fee. The Board of Nursing can only issue a temporary
license/certificate to an individual who is a qualified alien, which is valid for the period of time the alien status is valid.
If you are eligible to renew, you may begin the online license/certificate renewal process here.