OKLAHOMA DEPARTMENT OF MINES
Announcement Date: April 28, 2016
Position: Secretary – Part Time ( 5 days a week)
Salary: $15.00 / hour plus benefits
Location: Oklahoma City
Announcement Closing Date: May 20, 2016
FLSA STATUS: Non Exempt
JOB SUMMARY: The Secretary’s responsibility is to provide secretarial and clerical support to the Coal Program Technical Services group and the agency Director.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Types agency correspondence such as letters, memos, and reports;
- Creates and maintains office files for Technical Services and the Director;
- Processes mail. Maintains incoming and outgoing Technical Services mail log. Date stamps copies & distributes mail to appropriate individuals;
- Coordinates with the Coal Permit Officer in maintaining permit and revision application tracking databases;
- Answers phone calls from other departmental employees, the general public, and governmental agencies. Documents and relays messages in a courteous and professional manner.
- Performs all other duties assigned by the Chief of Reclamation & Enforcement and the Director.
- Substitute reception duties as needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma
- 2 years secretarial experience preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills: able to work well with a wide range of people;
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Demonstrate resourcefulness and ability to take initiative in development and completion of projects;
- Strong computer skills – Must be able to use Microsoft WORD. Knowledge of Microsoft ACCESS and EXCEL is desired;
- Valid Oklahoma Driver's License.
This work is sedentary and requires the following physical activities:
- Sitting for long periods of time; occasional bending, squatting, kneeling, stooping, good finger dexterity and feeling; frequent repetitive motions; talking, hearing, and visual acuity.
- Keyboarding or data entry for up to 4 hours per workday.
- Lifting up to 35 pounds of paper supplies or minor office equipment.
- Normal office environment.
- Some travel may be required.
NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this position. These statements are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees in this position.
To apply for this position, please submit cover letter and Resume OR
State of Oklahoma employment application to:
Oklahoma Department of Mines,
2915 N. Classen Blvd., Suite 213,
Oklahoma City, OK, 73106
Attn.: Rick Bullard
Or submit in electronic format to: email@example.com AA/EEO Employer