POSITION: DIRECTOR OF OKLAHOMA MINER TRAINING INSTITUTE
FSLA CLASSIFICATION: EXEMPT
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge, training, experience and ability consistent with the functions of the Oklahoma Miner Training Institute.
- Resident and qualified voter of the State of Oklahoma for a period of at least three (3) years prior to his/her selection as Director.
- Commitment to the mission of Eastern Oklahoma State College.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Bachelor’s degree in related industrial majors or equivalent experience.
- Surface certification for supervisors.
- Blaster’s and/or electrical certification.
- Instructor experience.
- Prior experience in safety training.
- Underground experience and certifications – Competent miner, Fire Boss, Mine Foreman, or Mine Superintendent.
- Knowledge of underground training laws.
- Knowledge of federal grant process.
- The successful candidate will be familiar and trained with CFR 30 Part 48 and Part 46 training requirements.
- Conduct miner safety training programs consistent with the needs of the mining industry within this state and training requirements of the Oklahoma Mining Commission.
- Assist and cooperate with the Oklahoma Mining Commission by conducting examinations of students of the Oklahoma Miner Training Institute applying for certificates of competency issued by the Oklahoma Mining Commission.
- Maintain OMTI in an efficient manner to achieve the objectives of the Commission.
- Administer all policies formulated and adopted by the Commission.
SALARY: Salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
LENGTH OF ASSIGNMENT: 12 Months
Vice President of Business Affairs
Submit a letter of application, Eastern Employment Application, transcript(s) and resume to:
Eastern Oklahoma State College
Joyce Bills, Human Resources
1301 West Main
Wilburton, OK 74578
CLOSING DATE: Review of applications will begin immediately; submission of applications is encouraged until the position is filled.
EASTERN OKLAHOMA STATE COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER (EOE)
AND AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER (AAE)
Other state government employment opportunities:
Last Modified on 07/15/2016