OKLAHOMA DEPARTMENT OF MINES
Announcement Date: February 9, 2017 (click to view pdf copy for downloading and printing)
POSITION: ADMINISTRATIVE TECHNICIAN – (Non-Mining Blasting/Minerals Program)
SALARY: Commensurate based upon expertise
LOCATION: Oklahoma City Office
ANNOUNCEMENT CLOSING DATE: March 15, 2017
REPORTS TO: Administrator, Minerals Division
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
JOB SUMMARY: This job family is assigned duties and responsibilities involving document production and management through a variety of manual or technological processes. This may include preparing correspondence, reports or other documents, maintaining various filing systems, including computer records of various activities, reviewing and processing applications for permits or licenses, and assisting agency customers with inquiries or problems concerning an assigned program area.
- Maintains a variety of computer records; prepares correspondence, forms and reports.
- Initiates and handles correspondence relating to a special field or program (Non-Mining Blasting/Minerals) in regards to agency or program rules, policies, procedures, or requirements.
- Assist with Minerals division office requirements and Non-Coal permitting.
- Performs a variety of sorting and filing tasks; answers the phone, takes messages, and disseminates information; opens, sorts, distributes, collects, and delivers mail; performs a number of tasks such as posting and recording data.
- Serves as permanent backup for front desk receptionist.
- Produces documents of various levels of complexity, ranging from plain copy typing to the manipulation of data to create complex presentations.
- Enters and retrieves information using personal computer or other data processing equipment, and receives and reviews source documents; proofs previously entered data and makes routine corrections.
- Examines, checks, and verifies reports and other documents for completeness, appropriateness, adequacy, and conformity to established requirements, and follows up on discrepancies.
- Responsible for preparing Non-Mining Blasting Program permit documents for approval.
- Works closely with Administrative team regarding mining permits and collection of production fees and monthly reporting requirements.
- Assists customers in securing needed information and documents; conducts interviews to obtain information from clients.
- Acts as a resource to management in matters where permitting data is required.
- Other duties as indicated by the Administrator of the Minerals division.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma.
- Six months of experience performing a variety of complex clerical and data processing tasks.
- Preferred associates degree or technical/vocational course work.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Basic office skills including typing, filing, copying and multi-line phone.
- Experience with Microsoft Office; specifically spreadsheet, word processing applications, and database software.
- Excellent communications skills; both oral and written.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
This work is sedentary and requires the following physical activities:
- Sitting for long periods of time; occasional bending, squatting, kneeling, stooping, good finger dexterity and feeling; frequent repetitive motions; talking, hearing, and visual acuity.
- Keyboarding or data entry for up to 4 hours per workday.
- Lifting up to 35 pounds of paper supplies or minor office equipment.
- Normal office environment.
- Some travel may be required.
- Observe standard office hours 8 am to 4:30 pm.
NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this position. These statements are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees in this position.
To apply for this position, please submit cover letter and resume to: Confidential Documents; Personnel Office, Oklahoma Department of Mines, 2915 N. Classen Blvd., Suite 213, Oklahoma City, OK, 73106 or submit in electronic format to: email@example.com AA/EEO Employer