Intermediate CBRNE Units
There are 13 Intermediate CBRNE Units strategically placed throughout the state. Each unit cost $450,000 to build and equip. Each of the Intermediate CBRNE Units has a 38-foot trailer equipped with a quad-cab four-wheel drive tow vehicle. Once on scene the tow vehicle can be disconnected from the trailer and be used for other needed functions such as transporting responders and equipment closer to the incident.
Additional fixed equipment includes a command and research center, laptop computers, satellite receiver, a light tower, a generator and an interoperable communications system.
- Interoperable communications
- Establish control zones
- Identify chemicals by use of sophisticated monitoring and identification equipment, and reference and guide books.
- Gross and technical decontamination
- Contain and mitigate hazardous liquids and gaseous product from damaged cylinders and apparatus
- Provide satellite connection for laptop computers (Internet connection)
- Basic emergency medical procedures
- Command center for emergency events
- A Minimum of nine (9) Team Members
- A minimum of seven (7) team members IFSAC-Certified to the NFPA 472 Hazardous Materials Technician Level
- A minimum of two (2) team members IFSAC-Certified to the NFPA 472 Hazardous Materials Operations Level
Last Update: January 2019