Oklahoma has seven (7) FBI-Certified Bomb Squads. These seven squads are placed in nine (9) locations. Each bomb squad has received a standardized bomb response robot and other equipment to ensure they have the latest state of the art equipment.
The Oklahoma Highway Patrol Bomb Squad has statewide jurisdiction and assists communities not already covered by a local jurisdiction. Team members will assist other bomb squads as requested. The bomb squads facilitate the capabilities of the Regional Response System to coordinate a response anywhere in the state of Oklahoma.
- Explosive detection, including X-Ray, chemical analyses, manual and K-9 search and recovery
- Commercial and military explosive recovery
- Disposal of explosives
- Pre and post blast evidence recovery
- Improvised Explosive Device (IED) mitigation and render safe practices
- CBRNE detection
- Emergency decontamination
- Crime scene
- Liaison with federal agencies (FBI, ATF, Military)
- Underwater explosive recovery
- All Bomb Squad Teams are FBI-Certified Bomb Squads
- All Team Members are IFSAC-Certified to NFPA 472 Hazardous Materials Technician Level