COVID-19 EMS related resources (listed in chronological order, by release date): These are documents that have released from our office either by email or through a web based communication tool to date. If you do not find what you need here, please email email@example.com .
- OK-Health Alert Network (HAN) EMS Guidance, Feb 26, 2020 (pdf, 2 MB)
- COVID-19 EMS Response Flowchart, March 17, 2020 (pdf, 185 KB)
- COVID-19 Pocket Cards, March 23, 2020 (pdf, 106 KB)
- COVID-19 Emergency Treatment Protocol Updated May 19, 2020 (pdf, 282 KB)
- ImageTrend® COVID-19 Worksheet, March 23, 2020 (pdf, 64 KB)
- Guidance Update for EMS Providers exposed to suspected or confirmed COVID-19 patients
- Sample Screening Tool template, March 25, 2020 (pdf, 122 KB)
- Course Completion Guidance 4-16-2020 (002)-signed.pdf
- EMR Testing Memo 4-16-2020 (002)-signed.pdf
- Provisional License Agency Memo 5-15-2020.pdf
- OSDH 310 Ch. 2 Emergency Rules
- Conditional License Memo 5-15-2020
Emergency Systems: Office Operations
Due to the COVID-19 Virus, the Emergency Systems (EMS and Trauma Divisions) staff are currently working at remote locations. This has resulted in an interruption to our normal work flow.
During this time, please expect the following:
- License/Certification applications
- Do not come to the Department to drop off an initial or renewal application for licensure.
- The Department’s payment windows are closed.
- Please mail all applications to Attn: Financial Management, PO Box 268823, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73126-8823. The applications will be processed as quickly as
- We are working with our leadership to address certification and license extensions for both agencies and individuals. When we have resolved this issue, we will notify all certificate and license holders.
- Inspections - New unit inspections will continue to occur as well as new agency inspections.
- To request a unit inspection, please complete your request for clicking . Enter the information requested, and you will receive an email confirming your appointment and location. If
a new unit inspection cannot be scheduled in a timely manner, temporary permits are still available.
- New agency inspections will only be scheduled after complete applications are reviewed and approved.
- If you need assistance, we encourage you to email firstname.lastname@example.org with your request. Make sure you include your name, telephone and email address and describe what you are needing assistance with in the email.
- If you need to call our office at (405)-271-4027, please leave a message on our Emergency Systems voicemail. Staff will be periodically forwarding voice mails to appropriate staff.
- Updates will be periodically posted on our webpage, as changes or new information become available.
EMS INDIVIDUAL LICENSE:
EMRA AGENCY LICENSE:
Emergency Systems - Emergency Medical Services (EMS)
2016 EMS Rules and Regulations(effective 09/11/2016)
Current Active Personnel Lists
Current Licensed EMS Personnel
*New* FY 2020 OERSSIRF Grant
Any questions regarding OERSSIRF will need to be submitted by email to Ruby Sherwan.
Oklahoma Populations and Density by Zip Code
Number of OK EMS Individuals by Zip Code
FY2019 Previous Awards-Benchmarks
2016 Oklahoma EMS Health and Wellness Survey
2016 Oklahoma EMS Health and Wellness Survey
2018OSDH Protocols Information
Ladies and Gentlemen;
The 2018 OSDH Approved Protocols and the Protocol Application are linked below.
The Protocol Application details the steps and directions for the approval these new protocols for Ambulance Services and Emergency Medical Response Agencies.
Please read the cover letter and directions within the protocol application document. The cover letter identifies the protocols that have been changed or added since the last update. The application for protocols not only applies to the 2018 edition of protocols, but any future protocol submissions from an agency to our office.
The application includes the Agency Authorized Procedure List that will need to be submitted with the application.
An example of an individual’s List of Authorized procedures is on the last page of the application. That form does not need to be returned to the department, but retained at the agency in the staff members credential file.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our office.
Administrative Program Manager- EMS
OSDH- Emergency Systems
1000 Northeast Tenth Street
Oklahoma City, OK 73117
2018 OSDH Protocols application form
2018 Oklahoma EMS Protocols with References
2018 Oklahoma EMS Protocols Field Edition
The EMS division is created by statute in OS 63 1-2501 et seq., titled the Emergency Response Systems Development Act (formerly the Emergency Medical Services Act.)
The Act requires the health department to develop Rules for administering emergency response systems in the state. These are codified in the Oklahoma Administrative Code (OAC) in Chapter 310.
The Act also charges the Commissioner of Health, through EMS division, with oversight for many aspects of EMS including:
- A comprehensive plan for EMS development
- Certification of training programs and approval of training courses,
- EMT testing and licensure
- Collection of statewide EMS data
- Maintaining a standard run report form
- Emergency Medical Service agency licensure
- Stretcher Aid Van licensure
- Emergency Medical Response Agency Certification
- Trauma Systems Development
EMS Staff facilitate the work of the Oklahoma Trauma and Emergency Response Advisory Council (OTERAC). The Council advises the Commissioner of Health and the Board of Health on EMS issues.
In late 2005 Governor Brad Henry convened the EMS Readiness Task Force to review the major challenges to EMS in Oklahoma and recommend action. Governor's EMS Readiness Task Force Final Report (953k .pdf)
Communicable Disease Exposure Process
If you believe you are exposed to a communicable disease in the performance of your duties as an EMT, you and your employer have certain rights and responsibilities, including reporting the exposure to the Oklahoma State Department of Health on the appropriate forms.
HIV- Communicable Disease Risk Exposure Report Form.pdf
1000 NE 10th Street
Oklahoma City, OK 73117-1207