Oklahoma, www.OK.gov <{$map[0].NAME}>

Contact  |  A-Z Health Index  |  Events & Meetings

get adobe reader

For Release: Nov. 4, 2010 – Pamela Williams
Contact: Office of Communications
(405) 271- 5601

State Health Department Announces Long Term Care Survey Results Now Available Online

Information on the quality of care provided in long-term care facilities in Oklahoma is now available online at no cost, the Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) announced today.

Consumers can visit the OSDH Web site at http://surveys.health.ok.gov to view or print inspection surveys and other public records of adult day care centers, assisted living centers, intermediate care facilities for persons with mental retardation, nursing facilities and residential care homes.

The OSDH site allows consumers to see reports on these facilities even before they are posted on the national Nursing Home Compare Web site, which provides details on Medicare and Medicaid-certified nursing homes in the country.

“Consumers will be able to easily access survey results and public file information, and do their research in a more timely manner,” said Dorya Huser, chief of the OSDH Long Term Care Service.

Huser said the new Web site provides users with detailed instructions in locating facilities. Consumers can search for information by name of the facility, city, county, or zip code and assess the facility’s quality of care by reviewing the health and physical plant inspection results. 

“Before choosing a facility, consumers should review the survey results, visit the facility being considered, talk to the health care provider caring for the patient, and call the Long Term Care Ombudsman at the Department of Human Services for more information,” Huser said.

For general information about long-term care surveys, visit http://surveys.health.ok.gov, or call the OSDH Long Term Care Services at (405) 271-6868, or email ltc@health.ok.gov. To contact the Long Term Care Ombudsman, call the state Department of Human Services at (405) 521-6734. For other information about adult day care centers, assisted living centers, intermediate care facilities for the mentally retarded, nursing facilities and residential care homes, visit www.health.ok.gov or call (405) 271-6868.




Creating a State of Health Logo