Oklahoma, www.OK.gov <{$map[0].NAME}>

Contact  |  A-Z Health Index  |  Events & Meetings

get adobe reader

Oklahoma Volunteer Charitable Healthcare Provider Program (OVCHPP)

Contact Information

Danielle Dill
Oklahoma State Department of Health
1000 NE 10th Street, Room 508
Oklahoma City 73117-1299
Phone: (405) 271-9444, ext. 56514
Fax: (405) 271-3894
Email: DanielleMD@health.ok.gov


The Oklahoma Volunteer Charitable Healthcare Provider Program (OVCHPP) offers state tort immunity from liability to health care providers who provide care to medically indigent persons at a free clinic, and who are working within the scope of employment of a charitable health care provider. The OVCHPP also offers healthcare providers state tort immunity from liability in instances where a patient is referred from a free clinic to another charitable healthcare provider for medical services.

Click Here to view the Oklahoma Governmental Tort Claims Act.

Click Here to view the OVCHPP Program Rules

Eligible Charitable Providers

A volunteer professional or a referred volunteer professional must be engaged in the active practice of a medical professional or retired from a medically related profession, if still eligible to provide medically related professional services within this state. Eligible professions include allied health, behavioral health, dental health, emergency care, medical, nursing, pharmacy and veterinary professionals, in addition to persons licensed under 59 O.S. § 493.5, Special Volunteer License to Treat Indigent and Needy Persons - Eligible Volunteers:

Eligible Profession List

Allied Health

Chiropractors, Dietitian/Nutritionist, Medical Assistant, Medical Laboratory Technologist, Medical Technician, Nuclear Medicine Technologoist, Medical Technician, Nuclear Medicine Technologist, Occupational Therapist, Orthopedic Technologist, Podiatrist, Radiology, Respiratory Therapist, Technician/Technologist, Sonographer, Speech/Language Pathologist.

Behavioral Health

Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor (LADC), Licensed Behavioral Practitioner, Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Licensed Practical Nurse, Licensed Professional Counselor, Marital/Family Therapist, Psychologist

Dental Health

Dentist, Dental Assistant, Dental Technician

Emergency Care

Emergency Medical Technician, Paramedic


Physician, Physician Assistant


Advanced Practice Nurse or Vocation Nurse, Certified Nurse Assistant, Licensed Practical Nurse, Registered Nurse


Pharmacist, Pharmacy Technician


Veterinarian, Veterinary Technician


2018-2019 OVCHPP Application and Contract

Healthcare professionals that works with either a free clinic or Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) should make application to OSDH for an OVCHPP Contract for 2018-2019: July 1, 2018 to June 30, 2019 under a new process as described in the three steps below.

Effective with the 2018-2019 contract year, charitable/free clinics organizations will not be required to register with OSDH Office of Primary Care in order for a provider to receive a OVCHPP contract. The OVCHPP contract is between the State of Oklahoma and the provider �?? not the clinic.

All providers, regardless of new or renewal contract status will complete the 2018-2019 OVCHPP Contract Packet.

Only complete applications will be processed - please allow 30 days for processing.

How to Apply for an OVCHPP Contract

STEP 1: Complete the OVCHPP 2018-19 Contract Packet

Application Links

2018-2019 OVCHPP Contract Packet (Paper)

2018-2019 OVCHPP Contract Packet (Fillable)

Complete ALL information highlighted in yellow in the OVCHPP Provider Packet. Both forms contain the same contents:

The packet includes 1) Healthcare Provider Application; 2) Charitable Healthcare Provider Contract. 3) OSDH Certification of Independent Contractor Status and 4) Clinic Acknowledgment to Maintain Patient Records.

STEP 2: Provide Documentation of Active License, Certification, etc.

Obtain/print a copy of valid license from respective board. Evidence of valid license should include a print out from public board website with provider�??s active status (by conducting a licensee search).

STEP 3: Submit All Documentation by Postal Mail or E-mail

OVCHPP 2018-2019 Contract Packet
1) Healthcare Provider Application
2) Charitable Healthcare Provider Contract
3) OSDH Certification of Independent Contractor Status
4) Clinic Acknowledgement to Maintain Patient Records
* A Copy of Active Healthcare License * Claims History Within Last Five Years (If Applicable)

E-Mail All Documentation to: OVCHPP@health.ok.gov

Fax all Documentation to: (405) 271-3894

Mail All Documentation to:

Oklahoma State Department of Health
Attn: Office of Primary Care
1000 NE 10th St, Room 508
Oklahoma City, OK 73117

***Please submit all documentation in ONE PDF***
This can be completed by physically filling out documents and using a scanner to save a PDF.
The PDF can then be sent within an e-mail attachment.

2018-2019 OVCHPP Application and Contract

Special Announcements
Free clinics are also eligible for malpractice coverage through the Federal Tort Claims Act. Note that requirements under the law are separate from those in the OVCHPP, and providers may apply through a different process. For more program resources and eligibility info, please visit the federal Health Resources and Services Administration's FTCA page.

Related Topics
Creating a State of Health Logo Oklahoma Works Logo Oklahoma Supports Logo