Oklahoma, www.OK.gov <{$map[0].NAME}>

Contact  |  A-Z Health Index  |  Events & Meetings

get adobe reader

How Do I ...

Purchase Birth Certificates On-Line

File a complaint against a landlord or apartment complex?

Oklahoma Bar Association
What Are Your Rights & Duties As A Tenant?

Oklahoma Real Estate Commission Landlord & Tenant Acts (.pdf)

Oklahoma Attorney General - Filing a Consumer Protection Complaint

Deal with mold?

There is no current public health intervention for mold issues, mold remediation is done by private companies. However the following links may be helpful.

OSDH Consumer Health Services Mold Information Sheets

From CDC: http://www.cdc.gov/disasters/mold/index.html

Mold Remediation in schools and public buildings resource list; http://www.epa.gov/mold/

Oklahoma Attorney General - Filing a Consumer Protection Complaint


File a complaint regarding a physician?

Oklahoma Board of Medical Licensure and Supervision
5104 N. Francis Ave., Suite C., Oklahoma City, OK 73118-6020
P.O. Box 18256 .. Oklahoma City, OK 73154-0256
Main Number - 405-848-6841 .. Fax - 405-848-8240
Complaints outside 405 area code - 1-800-381-4519

File a complaint regarding a Registered Nurse?

Oklahoma Board of Nursing
2915 N Classen, Ste. 524
OKC, OK   73106
TEL: 405.962.1800 FAX: 405.962.1821

File a complaint regarding a psychologist?

Board of Psychologists Examiners
201 NE 38th Terrace, Ste. 3
Oklahoma City,OK,73105
Local Phone: 405.524.9094
Website: http://www.ok.gov/OSBEP/

Find out about or file a complaint regarding a pharmacy?

State Pharmacy Board
545 N. Lincoln Blvd., Ste. 112
Oklahoma City,OK,73105-3488
Local Phone: 405.521.3815
Website: http://www.pharmacy.ok.gov/

File a complaint against a nail salon, beauty parlor or related instructional facility?

Oklahoma State Board of Cosmetology
2401 NW 23rd, Suite 84
Shepherd Mall
Oklahoma City, OK 73107

Federal Domestic Violence Laws & Helplines


Questions/complaints regarding water wells, ground water issues, drinking water:

Department of Environmental Quality
707 N. Robinson
Oklahoma City, OK 73101-1677
phone: 405-702-1000

Obtain a Living Will Form?

Advance Directives may be obtained from the Oklahoma Palliative Care Resource Center

Advance Directive for Health Care (Living Will) Information from the Oklahoma Bar Association:
What is an Advanced Directive for Health Care (Living Will)?

How do I find birth/death information prior to 1907?

Birth & Death Records:

Oklahoma began filing birth and death records in October of 1908. It was not mandatory, however, that these records be filed until 1917. Because birth and death records were not required in years past as they are today for identification, the filing process in many years prior to 1940 are sketchy.   For birth records, it is the responsibility of the hospital or attendant at birth in each matter of birth to properly obtain the information needed and file the certificate in a timely manner.  For death records, it is the responsibility of the hospital or the funeral director in each matter of death to properly obtain the information needed and file the certificate in a timely manner.  -- OSDH Vital Records Division

Other Sources:

Dawes Commission

Oklahoma Historical Society
2401 N Laird Avenue
Oklahoma City,OK,73105-4915
Local Phone: 405.521.2491
Website: http://www.okhistory.org/

File a complaint against a business or find out if someone has filed a complaint against your business?

The Oklahoma Better Business Bureau
17 South Dewey
Oklahoma City, OK 73102-2400 / Phone: (405) 239-6081
Fax: (405) 235-5891
Email: info@oklahomacity.bbb.org

Find Marriage or Divorce Records?

In Oklahoma, marriage and divorce records are maintained and issued by the Clerk of Court in the county of issuance. Please try the following link for contact information for each county of issuance; http://explorer.naco.org/

Contact the Oklahoma Medical Marijuana Authority (OMMA)?

Website: omma.ok.gov

Phone: (405) 522-OMMA (6662)




Creating a State of Health Logo Oklahoma Works Logo Oklahoma Supports Logo