About the Immunization Service
What We Do
- Answer questions about vaccines and the diseases they prevent.
- Operate the Oklahoma State Immunization Information System (OSIIS).
- Coordinate the purchase and distribution of vaccines to over 650 public and private clinics enrolled in the Vaccines for Children Program statewide.
- Monitor immunization compliance in childcare facilities and schools as required by state laws.
- Conduct quality assurance monitoring visits at all Vaccines for Children clinics in Oklahoma to ensure the vaccine is accounted for and stored and administered properly.
- Provide immunization consultation and training to immunization providers, schools, and childcare facilities throughout Oklahoma.
- Work with other state agencies such as the Department of Human Services, the Oklahoma Health Care Authority, and the Department of Education to raise awareness about the value of immunizations and help to increase immunization levels among Oklahomans.