Return to OSDH Home
This site contains HIV prevention messages that might not be appropriate for all audiences. Since HIV infection is spread primarily through sexual practices or by sharing needles, prevention messages and programs on this website may address these topics. If you are not seeking such information or may be offended by such materials, please exit this website.
*** NEW !!!! Syphilis Fact Sheet for Healthcare Providers.*** (13.4 MB) Click on the title in green to open the fact sheet.
Mission: Protect and promote the public's health by intervening in the transmission of the Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) and Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs).
The HIV/STD Service Area is comprised of three focus areas.
Prevention and Intervention
- Provides training for people interested in HIV testing (Counseling, Testing, Referral and Linkage To Care);
- Provides training for HIV and/or STD education;
- Promotes HIV and/or STD awareness and risk reduction;
- Monitors contracts between OSDH and Community Based Organizations providing HIV/STD prevention and testing services to the public;
- Provides Disease Intervention Services (DIS) for people who have tested positive for HIV/STDs, including linkage to care; and
- Works closely with the community to provide support for ongoing efforts related to HIV/STD prevention and testing.
- Provides programs and support related to:
- Care and treatment services for people living with HIV/AIDS, also known as Ryan White part B program, and
- Viral hepatitis, including adult Hepatitis C and perinatal Hepatitis B.
- Insurance enrollment under the Affordable Care Act.
Surveillance and Analysis
- Collects, consolidates, and evaluates HIV/STD and Hepatitis C data and reports required by law for Oklahoma residents.
- Provides data, within HIV/STD Service, to the Prevention/Intervention and Care Delivery areas for program planning and services.
- Provides training to health care providers, laboratories, and the general public on HIV/STD and Hepatitis C reporting requirements, as well as the importance of reporting these conditions.
- Provides training to nontraditional and county health department HIV/STD testing sites on the necessary data entry.
- Distributes data and reports to address the diseases and define changes and trends in health factors related to HIV/STDs and Hepatitis C.
For more information about these areas or the OSDH HIPAA policy, please click on the links in green print.
For more information please contact the HIV/STD Service at 405-271-4636.