Oklahoma, www.OK.gov <{$map[0].NAME}>

Contact  |  A-Z Health Index  |  Events & Meetings

get adobe reader

Consumer Protection

Fresh Salad Barber license man working on client Heating and Air Inspection, Electrical Little Girl at Pool needs Adult Supervision  CDD - Dog Skunk Rabies

The Muskogee County Health Department's Consumer Protection Division offers a wide array of services. Sanitarians conduct routine inspections of licensed establishments over which the Health Department has jurisdiction such as:

-Eating and drinking establishments
-Temporary food establishments
-Mobile food establishments
-Public bathing facilities (pools & spas)
-Hotels, motels, bed and breakfasts
Retail food (e.g. grocery stores)

At the request of Department of Human Services, sanitarians inspect the food operation of daycare centers and accompany Long Term Care inspectors to inspect the food service operation in nursing centers.

Food safety training for food handler permits is offered monthly at Muskogee County Health Department. Call us for dates and times. Time and personnel permitting, food safety training will be provided at your facility.

Public Bathing Place (pool and spa) Operator Training is offered annually at Muskogee County Health Department. Swimming Pool Operators are required to attend a training class at least once every 2 years. Operators must have their pool-training certificate available during swimming pool inspections. All attendees must present a picture ID, as well as complete the Affidavit of Lawful Presence. Please plan to arrive 30 minutes before scheduled start time to allow time for registration. Please call us at (918) 683-0321 or email AmandaCH@health.ok.gov regarding any questions regarding the class. Click here to view the Oklahoma State Department of Health's Pool Training page. 

In addition to inspections of licensed establishments, our Consumer Protection Division is responsible to investigate animal bites to prevent the possible spread of rabies.

For further information or to report a problem in a food service establishment/restaurant call Muskogee County Health Department's Consumer Protection Division at (918) 683-0321 or Toll Free (877) 596-1596. 

Additional Information:

To view the Oklahoma food service establishment inspection results including Muskogee County click here.

Click here to view the Oklahoma State Department of Health's Consumer Protection Division's website. 



Creating a State of Health Logo