Sexually Transmitted Disease
A sexually transmitted disease, commonly called STD, is an infection that can be passed from one person to another during sexual contact. STD's are among the most important public health problems in the nation. STD's can cause infertility, premature and still births, infant pneumonia, blindness, and even death. Birth control pills and other methods of contraception do not provide protection from STD's.
Common symptoms of STD's
- Unusual discharge or smell from genitals
- Burning or itching around genitals
- Unusual bleeding from genitals
- Pain during sexual intercourse
- Sores, bumps, or blisters on or near genitals or mouth
- Burning or pain when you urinate
- Fever, chills, achy feeling
- Rectal itching, pain or discharge
The Johnston County Health Department checks for gonorrhea, syphilis, chlamydia, and HIV. STD checks are by appointment only.
For more information:
1080 S. Byrd
Tishomingo, OK 73460
Confidentiality is very important.
The Johnston County Health Department will not release any health information without our client's knowledge unless we are required to by law.
This institution is prohibited from discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.