Oklahoma, www.OK.gov <{$map[0].NAME}>

Contact  |  A-Z Health Index  |  Events & Meetings

get adobe reader

New Establishment Information

The process for opening a new establishment is the same for all varieties of business, whether you plan to open a full-service restaurant, hotel, bar, or shop selling only pre-packaged items. Download a copy of the Plan Review Application. 

If you plan to open a public bathing place (e.g., pool, hot tub) you will need to follow a different set of steps.  More information about public bathing places can be found here.

Steps to Licensure

Before construction, remodel or a change of ownership even begins, contact one of the sanitarians by calling the Norman office of the Cleveland County Health Department at (405) 321-4048. We can answer any questions you may have and ensure that you have all the forms you need.

The next step is to complete the Plan Review Worksheet (food or lodging) and return it completely filled out with all supporting documents. One of the main delays in reviewing a set of plans is missing information, so if you are unsure of what we will need please do not hesitate to contact us.  A $200 Plan Review Application fee will also need to be turned in at this time.

After reviewing the application, a sanitarian will be in contact with the applicant to let him or her know of any deficiencies to be corrected. The sanitarian will then work with the applicant on scheduling licensing inspections.


A construction guide is available here, as is a full copy of our current rules and regulations.

Creating a State of Health Logo