Oklahoma, www.OK.gov <{$map[0].NAME}>

Contact  |  A-Z Health Index  |  Events & Meetings

get adobe reader

Environmental Health

Food Handler Class (Food School) schedule and information

Food service inspections are just one of the many services provided by the Environmental Health Division. To access the database of restaurant inspections, click here.

It’s pool season!  If you need to take a Pool School class to receive your Certified Pool Operator certificate, you can find more information here.

Click here to find out how to open a business with food.  

Other services provided:

  • Inspections of:
            Restaurants and bars
            Places selling pre-packaged food (like grocery stores)
            Hotels, motels, bed and breakfasts
            Food service in schools, day cares, institutions, and camps
            Swimming pools and spas open to the public
  • Performing investigations and consultations on:
            Potential food borne disease
            Potential rabies exposure
            Health-related complaints
            Mosquito and vector control
  • Providing technical services:
            Instruct Food Handlers class and administer tests
            Extensive plan review of food establishments before construction

Some services may be provided through your city government.  Check the websites for the City of Norman, the City of Moore, the City of Noble, the City of Lexington, and Slaughterville for explanations of what services they provide.

Need information on wells, septic tanks, drinking water, or air quality?  The Oklahoma Department of Environmental Quality handles these subjects.

Need information on barbers, cosmetologists, nail technicians, or massage therapists?  The Oklahoma Board of Cosmetology handles these subjects.

Contact us!  

We can be reached at 405-321-4048, and questions can be emailed to ClevelandEnvironmental@health.ok.gov.  We are located at the Norman office of the Cleveland County Health Department at 250 12th AVE NE, Norman, OK  73071.

Interesting Facts
Are you storing food safely? This FDA handout will show you how to be safe!

Help prevent foodborne illness before the food gets to your home! Check out Start at the Store: 7 Ways to Prevent Foodborne Illness, a guide by the FDA, for information.

View FDA recalls or the USDA recalls.

Related Topics
Creating a State of Health Logo Oklahoma Works Logo Oklahoma Supports Logo